Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Help with props, parent and childs. help please

adh3d opened this issue on Nov 09, 2001 ยท 4 posts

adh3d posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 4:20 PM

I have a prop with some props like childs, Everything goes ok, but when i add to the library, when i open it from library, all the relationships have broken and all the props are in diferents places around the screen. When i add to the library i do next way: 1. Select the main prop ( the parent) 2. I select the subset ( in the pop up) all the props, the parent and the childs. 3. i add to the library What an i doing wrong? Help! thanks.

adh3d website

nyar1ath0tep posted Fri, 09 November 2001 at 4:28 PM

Create hierarchy of props in hierarchy editor first.

pragask posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 1:42 AM

Parenting with props as the master may be the problem . Create a dummy figure as the master parent . Then set the props as children of the master or as children of props in the master . Then save the figure in the figures library .

adh3d posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 12:12 PM

All is ok now. The problem were two: 1. I move some props after give them the parents. 2. Poser 4.0. qith poser 4 (metacreations), the parentship betwen props disapeare whe i save then in the library, with ten update to Poser 4.03 ( from curious labs), the parentship dont lose after save the props in the library. I import every prop ( obj) again and move them to the right position before apply the parentship. Thank for your replies.

adh3d website