Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Gotta Question..

KimberlyC opened this issue on Nov 18, 2001 ยท 12 posts

KimberlyC posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 12:51 PM

No one please take me rude for this next question....but i've been looking through the gallery a good amount the last few days trying to get my creative juices going....and i've noticed that there are some people that get like 12 to 20 comments..and then i've seen some get none..or 1..and they have done work as or better looking then the one that got alot of comments. No i don't comment myself that much...because i'm still learning everything with poser...but..i just don't understand that..if you can comment for one person...y not another....maybe they are just learning...a nice suggestion here and there will do them good....i'm sure you like suggestions. From now on..i'm going to start commenting.......if i've upset anyone with this...do forgive me...... Angel

bonbon posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 1:04 PM

i think that commenting on an image is like talking to someone you don't know. Some are shy and don't feel that they can say anything, others are verbose and tend to go on and on. All in all, it's a personal choice: to comment or not to,lol.

SAMS3D posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 1:07 PM

Angel, Mike and I should take the time to comment on all pictures. Your comment is a nice friendly reminder to sit back, take time to relax and enjoy the show. We are so busy these days, that we just don't take the time to look at all of them, but you are right, because I know it makes me feel good too when I do post. Thanks for reminding us why we are all here and that is to support each other. Sharen

KimberlyC posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 2:03 PM

Sharen.. yea i understand..we are all busy..i just understand with others that we all like suggestions..and some get a poop load..and others don't...may make them feel they're pictures aren't good enough etc....its good to support eachother. :)

SAMS3D posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 2:34 PM

Yes, we totally agree. Sharen

pendarian posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 3:15 PM

The other thing that I have noticed is that the same people comment on each others pics all the time, yet rarely comment on anything else...that also has a tendancy to encourage the "cliche" or "in crowd" rumours that seem to abound around here. I try to comment on as many as I can. Sometimes, however, if I see a picture that has had nothing but stellar reviews and I see something that I would fix, I really, really hesitate to say anything, for fear of someone misinterpreting what I'm trying to do. So, I end up just passing that image by and not saying anything. Particularly if it is an image that is by artists that post here but never get anything but rave reviews...so in the end, I become very discouraged because I don't want to comment if I don't mean it. Pendy

SAMS3D posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 3:19 PM

You know, what ryuslilangel posted originally was a good reminder to us all that we should try to at least give it a decent try to look at all renders and support each other. I do not begrudge others because they get more remarks then me, there are some really really talented people here and sometimes there pictures just take a person back and you just love it, and then there are some that for what ever reason fall through the cracks.... Let's just be more aware for each other. Sharen

thgeisel posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 3:22 PM

Im one of those who gets few or no comments.But it doesnt hurt me because i have fun making the pictures,playing around with poser,bryce and so on. And thats what counts for me. otherwise i would have stopped about a year ago. And most artists got famous 100 years after they died :-))

Mercy posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 7:25 PM

I have to agree with Pendarian on this one. I comment occasionally, but most of the time tossing out my two cents on a pic I like is pointless because it's already had rave reviews from the other people... and the 'in crowd' image is very much still alive here... especially when you see the same people commenting only on each other's works. Today I did a whats new in all the galleries and added some comments to some images in the works in progress gallery... and will be checking that gallery a lot more often now. Most times I'll just IM someone if I like their work, simply because it's easier and it doesn't get lost in all the "You're great, your god, your amazing" type comments. And yes, it's always a tad dangerous to post that there is something that a viewer feels could be added or removed if there are already a dozen stellar reviews on an image. I've seen people get jumped on for doing that. shrugs For the most part, I just look and keep to myself. It's much less painful and much less trouble.

pendarian posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 7:47 PM

Mercy, you were reading my mind :) I think I'll start heading over to the WIP gallery more often also. Please feel free by the way (shameless plug here) to visit my works and say exactly how you feel, constructive crits and all...trust me, you won't get lost in a long line of comments. :) Pendy

KimberlyC posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 7:52 PM

Mercy... well said...i can only agree with you smile...

LaurieA posted Sun, 18 November 2001 at 10:51 PM

With a site this big, there's bound to be some "clicks". Human nature :). Laurie