Forum: Photography

Subject: New... Interested in getting started in photography

Mercy opened this issue on Nov 23, 2001 ยท 9 posts

Mercy posted Fri, 23 November 2001 at 8:17 AM

Hey all. I once took a photography course in school, way way back in like grade 8 (many many moons ago)... and I really enjoyed it. Now I'm the proud? owner of a Canon EOS Rebel G SLR camera, it does fully automatic for those of us with no clue, but can be swapped into fully manual mode as well. I've been taking pics with it for a while now, but nothing that would constitute 'art' as it were (shots are mostly family stuff, kids, cats etc). What I'm wondering... is... do you all have any tips, tricks, tutorials, book suggestions, equipment suggestions etc... for someone interested in taking this up as a hobby? I don't have my own darkroom, so film gets developed by the film developer type people at Black's or Japan Camera etc... although one day when I'm rich LOL, I wouldn't mind doing the darkroom thing again, that was a riot. Loved that part of the class. Anyhow, I do have one image I might post, just need to see if it will show up after being scanned :) Just thought I'd introduce myself and ask a bunch of questions :)