Forum: Photography

Subject: ...old church...

Antoonio opened this issue on Nov 30, 2001 ยท 11 posts

Antoonio posted Fri, 30 November 2001 at 1:29 AM

Sydder, here you go. I used this pic in my "witch" work too. .n

Antoonio posted Fri, 30 November 2001 at 1:34 AM

...another one... .n

Maygen posted Fri, 30 November 2001 at 1:40 AM

The more you show of these the more intregued I become. This place was just begging to be photographed!

Antoonio posted Fri, 30 November 2001 at 1:47 AM

Yes it was. Damn sky was flat, oh what it could have been in direct sunlight. .n

starshuffler posted Fri, 30 November 2001 at 5:07 AM

Antoonio, your trigger finger will go itchy if you come over here and visit Intramuros. Also known as "The Walled City" during the Spanish occupation, most of its original architecture is still intact, if not restored. There is a really nice church, and several dungeons/prisons where they detained prisoners in the early 1800s. Hmm... maybe I should go over there and take pics...

Syyd posted Fri, 30 November 2001 at 7:58 AM

Oh star Im begging you, go take the photographs.....There is something very glastonburyish to me in this....Its not that it resembles but it calls to mind, the legends of Avalon......call me totally crazy but for me thats what it does....I just feel connections to these places in a strange way.....

Visitor42 posted Fri, 30 November 2001 at 9:45 AM

I agree with Syyd. These images stir up emotions and feelings. I have never seen buildings and architecture like this. Where I live ancient means less than 100 years old. Thanks for posting more of these.

starshuffler posted Fri, 30 November 2001 at 9:55 AM

I will definitely do that, once I find the time to do so. It is a 2.5 hour trip going there (if I'm lucky with the traffic). Actually, some of the dungeons now, while retaining the original infrastructure, were leased out to caf& club owners and photographers (there's a photography studio there!). And there's an outdoor theatre, too, just outside them alcoves. I promise to post when I find the time to shoot. :-)

bsteph2069 posted Fri, 30 November 2001 at 4:34 PM

OHHHH. spookey. I can imagine and easilly see the hands groping asking for help from the prisons! Good stuff Antoonio! Did they leave the pillory intact! Bsteph

Antoonio posted Tue, 04 December 2001 at 6:56 AM

...Visitor, I think this is kind of northern architecture, I peek my photos, I'll post few more beautiful old building. This was, err, from 1600 or somewhere there(+/- 100years). Stars, damned what are you waiting for, I would pay big money$ to get places like that. Now go shooting. Bsteph, pillory is in yer dreams, in "those" dreams. g .n

starshuffler posted Tue, 04 December 2001 at 11:54 AM

Show me the money!!! LOL I will shoot once I finish all my work (which would probably stretch til February) and get paid so I can buy film... and that scanner... and probably a new puter... and...