Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Return to insects

Albertosaurus opened this issue on Dec 15, 1999 ยท 6 posts

Albertosaurus posted Wed, 15 December 1999 at 6:42 AM

Some of you might have noticed that the legs on my original dragonfly sucked like few things before. As you can see I've fixed it. I've also fixed the eyes. Still no cool textures though. Each leg is a very complex polysurface. Converting from NURBS to polygons resulted in a pretty ugly poly count. The obj file was over 10 megs in size. By my estimates, this means that anything less then about 150 megs of ram is asking for trouble. Reducing the level of detail obviously makes the damn thing more jagged. Now if the old one is satisfactory, fine, I'll just use the new one myself. If, on the other hand, enough people want the new one, I'll try to figure something out with the poly count. Oh, yes, if you have any advice as to what you'd like changed, like eyes, head shape, tail length, legs, etc. I'm listening.

Milaja posted Wed, 15 December 1999 at 7:15 AM

WOW, this is cool. It looks SO much better... I really wish you would post it... I also would like to give a shot for a texture on it.... I can already see a picture :-)

PhilC posted Wed, 15 December 1999 at 9:04 AM

Because the legs are so small try simply lofting a circle, the loss of detail I feel will not impare the overall effect and the poly count will bring it back in line with non main frame computer users :)

Albertosaurus posted Wed, 15 December 1999 at 9:19 AM

Update: I've just made it posable and I'm now adjusting the joint parameters.

Milaja posted Wed, 15 December 1999 at 11:05 AM

whoaaaaa, cool :-)) plz, plz, plz say that you'll upload it :-))

Albertosaurus posted Wed, 15 December 1999 at 12:55 PM

Update2: It's posing correctly now. Unfortunately, I'm having materials problems.