Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dungeon kit - cartoon + line mode only. Any interest?

Maz opened this issue on Dec 04, 2001 ยท 9 posts

Maz posted Tue, 04 December 2001 at 5:48 PM

I've recently been working on a dungeon kit. It consists of a variety of walls with doors, windows, steps, internal corners, external corners, floors, fitments and so on, which all interlock like a jigsaw puzzle. Here's one of the parts. It's very much WIP (Work in Progress) but it should give you the general idea.

I like working in cartoon + line mode and that's what it's designed for, ie straight obj files with no textures. Unfortunately some recent correspondence on this site leads me to believe that most of you folk want everything handed to you on a plate in Poser ready, fully textured, just-add-water mode. I might consider doing a fully textured version for sale in due course, though I've so far resisted the temptation to sully my 3D hands with money.

So I have three questions:

1. How many people are interested in the cartoon+line version in Freestuff? (six or seven walls plus around 3 doors, 3 windows and various fitments).

2. How many of you would part with hard earned money for a lazy man's fully textured, Poser-ready version?

3. If any of you reply to either question 1 or question 2 in the affirmative, what features would you like me to include? Things that spring to mind include:

electric light fittings
oil lamps
firebrand type lamps
rats
cockroaches
more staircases
dangling shackles
etc
etc
etc

PS, I can't count. Question 4 is:

What other types of rooms (if any) would you like to see dealt with in this manner? Bedrooms? Living rooms? Offices? bathrooms? factories? Farm buildings? And with what fittings & accessories?

Roll on Christmas,

Maz