Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce Meatballs

eagroop opened this issue on Dec 04, 2001 ยท 7 posts

eagroop posted Tue, 04 December 2001 at 7:31 PM

Another newbie question. I cant seem to get meatballs to work in Bryce 5, they come out as standard spheres. The few paragraphs in the manual are of little help. Is there some attributes I have to select and then group them? I,ve tried various things but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

clone_technology posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 12:21 AM

hahahaha meatballs......good one man!

Doom Dancer posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 12:27 PM

I have been having trouble with that too...I can't find the Marinara interface that goes along with it. Or not to mention the Romano sprinkle render setting.

Dann-O posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 4:24 PM

Try clicking on the blob and not the sphere. The shpere icon is jut that a sphere. The blob next to it is the metaball modeler. It works fie for me. You can also set up mutiple textures on an object by assigning a different testure to each metaball.

The wit of a misplaced ex-patriot.
I cheated on my metaphysics exam by looking into the soul of the person next to me.

EricofSD posted Wed, 05 December 2001 at 7:21 PM

Also, the metaballs don't meld together in the wire frame view. You have to render to see how they connect.

clone_technology posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 10:28 AM

see how fast some people trying to have a little fun lasted on here doom dancer? it's quite sad i reckon

SevenOfEleven posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 12:12 PM

Are you talking about metaballs or meatballs? Most of the meatballs I have seen were spherical but the surface was very rough. Don't know about the specular highlights, that could depend on the type of sauce.