Forum: Bryce

Subject: exporting object from 3dmax

kravitz4 opened this issue on Dec 06, 2001 ยท 9 posts

kravitz4 posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 2:01 PM

Hi again...when i try exporting from 3dmax to bryce i cannot quite get the smooth line from the original...anybody got a hint,i'm new at this i am using habware max2obj plugin picture on the left is the original from 3dmax

prodag posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 2:51 PM

Try to use *.3ds format with out max2obj . Prodag

DMaul posted Thu, 06 December 2001 at 4:22 PM

Did you smooth it? Click on the little "E" next to the model when you select it, then smooth the object...

kravitz4 posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 3:46 PM

thanx DMaul...it did the trick..like i said,i'm new at this learning new tricks everyday and by the way i did not need that plugin after all prodag thanx for the tip... I'll be back!

DMaul posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 6:17 PM

Heh...I actually didnt even know if that would work or not...It was a lucky guess then :)

Vile posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 5:06 PM

Move the smooth to about 45-46% Trust me on this do not smooth all the way to 100% or you notice some stretching on more complex meshes. Here is an example of a mesh original brought in.

Vile posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 5:11 PM

notice not much of change

Vile posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 5:17 PM

Much better and you can do this by choosing just the mesh you need smoothed like the body, as the wheels and windshield looked just fine. but that will depend on your computer and how large the model for the amount of time to smooth. It's funny cause I was going to post somthing on this and never got around to it thanks for reminding me. Good luck and let me know how this works for you.

kravitz4 posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 8:22 AM

It seems like you have lost some definition on the side window , the wheels and the side chrome on the doors on that last one ...Is that the one at 45%?