Forum: Bryce

Subject: Take me on a MOONLIGHT RIDE!

kathyb opened this issue on Dec 09, 2001 ยท 3 posts

kathyb posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 2:33 AM

Hi all, I want to ride with you in the moonlight. But first, how do I position the dadburn thing? I can not see the moon. 1. I've got my dark sky 2. I've got moon checked. 3. I keep moving that sun/ moon position dial - but I can never see it! ( I want to position it LOW, AND BIG over a building. ) Why is this SOOO hard? Where is it? (using Br 5 ) Frustrated, Kathy

thgeisel posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 6:27 AM

in "skylab" make shure that the dot " moonimage" is checked, set altitude about 5 and azimut about 0, and set"link to view" you should see the moon a bit above the horizon ,start playing with the other parameters.

hogwarden posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 6:12 AM

You can position your moon more directly as follows... (I'm not at a Brycey machine, so I hope this is right!) 1. Hold down shift+ctrl+alt and DoubleClick the "sun position" ball in the sky/fog menu at the top of the screen. 2. Hold down shift+ctrl+alt and click where you want the moon to be ON YOUR SCENE! 3. That's it...there it is! PS. I really hope this is right... I can never remember the correct combinations of shift, ctrl and alt... I think shift+ctrl will position the sun and shift+ctrl+alt does the moon. Please experiment! There is a tut for this out there somewhere...