Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: P3 Figures

Atrice opened this issue on Dec 10, 2001 ยท 12 posts

Atrice posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 5:42 AM

I'm looking forward to the free Poser3 giveaway (see earlier thread) but the faces are so small on the texture maps. I know it's possible to remap figures so you have a large head and small body, has anyone done this for P3 figures? If not are there any tutorials on how to go about it? Could you do this with UV mapper? I'd like to make my own textures but it must be difficult getting the features spot on and detailed on the default P3 maps. Also someone said that there was an early version of Eve that worked with P3 female, is that right, I thought Eve was based on P4. Baz

EnglishBob posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 5:56 AM

Attached Link: http://www.uvmapper.com/uvmaptut.htm

UVmapper can certainly do it, in fact one of the tutorials on the uvmapper site deals with this (see link).

Atrice posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 6:35 AM

Thanks EnglishBob, I'll check it out Baz

melanie posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 8:06 AM

Attached Link: http://www.fortunecity.com/rivendell/lucky/472/happyworldlanduncut/

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but Happyworldland has some great textures for Poser 3. Melanie

Atrice posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 11:01 AM

Thanks Melanie, I've seen that site and the textures look great but I was thinking about making my own. It seems to me that a larger head map would make it easier to make a half decent texture. I dare say it's harder than it looks though or everyone would be doing it! Baz

Nance posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 12:12 PM

[dusting off the 'ol P3 stuff] Atrice threre are two or three existing P3 figures you may be interested in. Prior to P4, I did a P3 .obj remap that greatly enlarged the face area for better mapping called "BigFaceUV". It worked very well, but because it required completely new maps, and was released just prior to P4 (which incorporated similar but incompatible maps) it never saw much use. Following the release of P4, both Ian Grey and I did conversions of the P3 nudefem figure to accept P4 maps. Grey's also modified some of the other mapping so they still require alterations in a paint program but mine stayed pretty consistant with the default P4 maps. They are all still available & I'll dig out the URL's if you are interested in trying any of these.

Atrice posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 5:30 PM

Hey Nance, they sound exactly what I'm looking for! I'd be interested in all of them if you know where I can find them. Thanks a lot :o) Baz

Atrice posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 5:32 PM

Hey Nance, they sound exactly what I'm looking for! I'd be interested in all of them if you know where I can find them. Thanks a lot :o) Baz

Nance posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 8:49 PM

Well mine are easy:
P3 stuff
But the link I had to Ian's ErrorCode50 site is still down. I'll have to look around.

Atrice posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 4:43 AM

Hmm, I've already posted this reply once, seems we're getting the dreaded disappearing messages again! Thanks Nance, you've been a big help! I did have a problem with your P3to4 female though, there are links to download the CR2 and the PCF but they both download the CR2, any chance of sorting it out? I really appreciate your help, this will really make a difference to my use of Poser3. Thanks again Baz

Nance posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 7:17 AM

Dooh! Fixed - thanks for the heads-up. It occurs to me that what you are really going to want to track down are all the P3 morph targets for the body. I had to download the .cr2 from my own site to see what MT's I had left in that figure but you are in luck. There are a bunch of them in there and getting these will probably prove more valuable to you than the remapping. Most of these MT's were created by Traveler, Staale Loseth, and Wernbowl IIRC. I would suspect that there are still some P3 figures, loaded with morphs, at 3DComicCollective. The P3NudFem head MT's are the same as P4 so will be no problem still collecting them. -fN

Atrice posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 9:59 AM

Thanks again Nance, You're a STAR! Baz