Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Python script to clean up lights in a scene

agiel opened this issue on Dec 12, 2001 ยท 10 posts

agiel posted Wed, 12 December 2001 at 11:09 PM

After trying out many lights, especially glocal illumination lights, it is usual for poser to end up with a zillion of residual lights. I got fed up with removing them by hand, so here is a script to delete all lights and replace them with a default global light. The script is in the Free stuff -> Poser -> Utilities section. Next I will be working on a way to remove automatically all lights lower than a particular intensity (I have to get up to speed on Tkinter for that...)

fauve posted Wed, 12 December 2001 at 11:30 PM

Bless you!!!!!! This has been so badly needed for so long... -nemo (bounds off to download)

PilotHigh posted Thu, 13 December 2001 at 9:00 AM

Does this work on plain Poser or do you need Pro Pak?

Director posted Thu, 13 December 2001 at 9:30 AM

That sounds fantastic Agiel, thank you. I've spent way too much time deleting lights.

PilotHigh posted Thu, 13 December 2001 at 9:59 AM

I followed the instructions but it doesn't work under Poser 4; at least it didn't show up in the 'window' menu.

gyusaku posted Thu, 13 December 2001 at 10:07 AM

Using Python scripts is a Pro Pack thing.

agiel posted Thu, 13 December 2001 at 12:52 PM

You need Poser Pro pack to use python scripts. I only tested this script on Poser Pro pack, with service release 3, on windows. I don't have access to a MAC, so I can't tell if it will work there. I will update the readme file later today. Thanks for the feedback !

PilotHigh posted Thu, 13 December 2001 at 5:32 PM

Thanks agiel. I wouldn't have downloaded it except that it was in the Poser section not pro pack. Thanks anyway. ;-)

movida posted Thu, 13 December 2001 at 6:22 PM

Thank you much!

jamball77 posted Thu, 13 December 2001 at 9:46 PM

very very cool thanks :)