Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Conspiracy Theory

ArmoredGideon opened this issue on Dec 19, 2001 ยท 5 posts

ArmoredGideon posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 8:31 AM

Hi! Me again. The last week or so I've been surfing too and fro over most of the Poser and 3d web sites that offer tutorials and advice on how to get the most out of our 3d programs. I've experianced varying amounts of dissapointment as a good deal of these tutorials are either grossly outdated, even harder to understand than the program they're teaching you about, or just don't work at all! AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!:( Most horrible, as my frustration mounts, is that every single (that is- EVERY SINGLE) 'Make your own clothes' and 'Make your own figures' tutorial I've tried to access/download or look at has faild to even load!!! Now since these are the two aspects of poser and other 3d apps. that I find most appealing I'm beginning to think that mabye someone out there doesn't want me making my own clothes or figures; after all if I COULD make my own stuff I wouldn't have to BUY it from someone else. Sorry if I seem a bit moany and parranoid about all this, but if it isn't true, it FEELS true and I'm just a little frustrated (can you tell?) Ok Time for my sensible bit that I ment to say in the firs place: Does anyone know of any leadgable tutorial from this century for making clothes/figures?

Valandar posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 8:37 AM

Yes, the CD from PhilC. Haven't gotten it myself, but I'm intending to.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Crescent posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 9:47 AM

I just ordered the PhilC CD myself. I've heard really good stuff about it. Less than 5 minutes after I placed my order, I received an email from PhilC stating that my order would be in the mail that day. That's what I call customer service!

ronknights posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 10:08 AM

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has problems with some tutorials. That's why I started creating my own. Of course I haven't learned to create my own clothes or characters yet.

thip posted Wed, 19 December 2001 at 12:37 PM

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALM down ;o) and do this : o Order Phil's CD o If you've got lotsa money, order TrueSpace ($299 from www.caligari.com) o If you don't, d/l a free copy of Amapi 4.15 o Go to the Amapi 3D Forum here on R'osity o Search for "exercises" (will teach you the tools), "project" (will walk you through creating a jacket, and "conforming" (will walk you through making a conforming item of the jacket) o Go to http://webpages.charter.net/chawkins2/ - with the warm-ups done w/ Amapi, you'll get the full benefit of chawkins' great tute ...and when you return, the PhilC CD will probably be in your mailbox, and all your frustrations will be over. And remember : It ain't paranoia when you KNOW everyone's conspiring against you ;o)