Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: RSR and Real bikini help....

vervefx opened this issue on Dec 29, 2001 ยท 9 posts

vervefx posted Sat, 29 December 2001 at 8:17 PM

I just downloaded and unzipped the real bikini into their proper folders only I don't have any icons for the files just the guy shrugging his shoulders. That because of the missing rsr file, right! Hmmm...is there a way to make them or convert the png files to rsr? Also, when I tried to use them I got an error message that said version number was lower than expected or something like that. Anyone know what that means? Poser version 4.0.3 Win 98 Thanks V

dkirk posted Sat, 29 December 2001 at 8:52 PM

More than likely this library file was created for Pro Pack which utilizes .png instead of .rsr Should be an email in the readme for the author. Perhaps you could send that person an email or via renderosity's instant message system asking for help.

lmckenzie posted Sat, 29 December 2001 at 9:30 PM

Download P3dO Explorer from freestuff. It has a png2rsr utility. The 'Newer version than expected...' is because you are loading a ProPack created file in Poser 4. Just click OK and it should load fine.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Nance posted Sat, 29 December 2001 at 9:54 PM

And after they load, just re-save them to your library to create new thumbnail .rsr's to replace the shrugging guy.

RalfU posted Sat, 29 December 2001 at 10:19 PM

If you want to have exactly the same file in *.rsr format, this is one of the possible solutions. Just convert the .png file in Photoshop to a PICT file (.pct). After that convert the *.pct file with the RSR Converter (sarch for "RSR-converter" in the Free Stuff area). Your problem with the version number. Open the *.cr2 file with an texteditor (e.g. notepad) and replace the string "number 4.3" with "number 4.01".

vervefx posted Sun, 30 December 2001 at 12:33 AM

Thanks Everyone I downloaded the P3do utility and the rsr files are there now. I do have another question though. What exactly are the version numbers in the cr2 files? Are they version numbers of the program? THe cr2 file for the bikini says "number 4.2". I should change this to "number 4.01" to stop does error messages. I'll change those as the bikini still isn't loading right or I just don't know what I'm doing. Hmmm..possibly a bit of both :) Thanks Again V

thgeisel posted Sun, 30 December 2001 at 1:46 AM

if you change the 4.2 to 4.01 it should load without errormessage, than parent it to the figure you want to wear the bikini,than use the pose "fit to victoria" to fit it to viccy

vervefx posted Sun, 30 December 2001 at 2:20 AM

thgeisel... Is parenting to the figure the same as conforming to ??? I changed the files to read 4.01, there is still one loading with the error message. I'll check it out! Your help is much appreciated :) V

thgeisel posted Sun, 30 December 2001 at 4:14 AM

little bit difficult because im german with german poser. translating it would be :"figure" than "choose parentfigure" than you have to select the figure.normally its "figure 1" than use the pose