Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Need a precise metod of mesuring Poser Figures For output To CNC

Bill B opened this issue on Dec 21, 1999 ยท 5 posts

Bill B posted Tue, 21 December 1999 at 5:26 PM

I am a sculptor and toy prototype for the toy industry. I am using Poser 4 for output to cnc milling machines, for the creation or toy action figures. I have been using poser for about 2 years and I have many limitations with features that just dont exist in Poser. My biggest obstacle is how to measure the figures, not only the hight but every aspect and measurement of the figure. I have tried many things but nothing ive tried gives me the control I need. Any one have any ideas?????? If anyone is interested I have many more needs in Poser I have a wish list of about 75 functions I would like to have in poser. I can send it to anyone who is interested. I have contacted Steve Cooper at Meta with my ideas he tells me its not to likely I will get what I need. I would like to speak to anyone interested in maybe a collaborative effort in the creation of a supplemental program to Poser. Thanks

BillBay posted Tue, 21 December 1999 at 5:33 PM

Bill, I have a few possibilaties at my disposal and would be interested in hearing more. It sounds like something I'd like to get involved in. Please contact me at BillBay@BBay.com

Nance posted Tue, 21 December 1999 at 5:36 PM

BillB/BBay??? I thought I was reading a question from you until you replied.

BillBay posted Tue, 21 December 1999 at 5:43 PM

Well Bill B needed help from Bill Bay at BBay but the Bill B from BBay thought Bill B was his Dad Bill B, Sr. but my son Bill J. B said it looks like BB was looking for something that only Bill H. B could help him with and not my Grand Father Bill F. B. Sr...... :)

Jude posted Tue, 21 December 1999 at 9:03 PM

BillB, could you clarify the question, please? I'm not sure if you're trying to measure and existing physical figure to get it into Poser, or if you've created a model in Poser and you want to get the measurements out to feed to your CNC machine.