Forum: Photography

Subject: From archives, Ice b&w 2.

Antoonio opened this issue on Jan 10, 2002 ยท 10 posts

Antoonio posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 1:38 AM

...this is from last winter, blocks of ice from ocean shore. It was pretty cold, about -30 degrees and winding like hell, and its been measured that even normal wind doubles coldness. Batteries died from both of my cams after 20 minutes. Grain is from scanner. .n

doruksal posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 1:48 AM

This shot is also effective, but the other, the one selecting that particularly round and glowing glob of ice, was impressive, is it not so..? :)
I think I'm repeating this, but you're one lucky person to witness such extreme (at least for me) natural scenes...
Regards...

Antoonio posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 2:01 AM

Yep, its the same glob that you can see there too. And yes, after all, its nice to have strong changes of seasons. But still, I envy you guys living in warm countries, our summer is warm, green and beautiful, but really short. .n

Misha883 posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 5:27 AM

This is really nice. [Haven't scrolled to the other one yet.] Like the way you've captured the play of light on wet surfaces and the glow from the transparent ice. Wonder what this would look like with a cooler gray or blueish duotone?

PunkClown posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 5:34 AM

Good photo, I can't help wondering how the colours would look too, like Misha.

Lisas_Botanicals posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 7:43 AM

I agree with wanting to see this with a blueish tone. Very cool pic. I absolutely love that glowing little piece in the middle.

dreamsosweet posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 8:39 AM

Really cool pic (no pun intended :-P) - I'd like to see it with blue, too. That blob on the left looks like a big frozen armchair, maybe for a polar bear, LOL!

JordyArt posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 6:22 PM

Remember that scene in Superman when the meteor slams to earth, it's sitting there glowing just before that geeky looking sprog pops out? Dunnit look a bit like that? Or is it me going mad? (",)

Visitor42 posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 7:40 PM

I love this image. Very classic composition going on here.

bsteph2069 posted Thu, 10 January 2002 at 8:53 PM

Jordy who says you are GOING mad?! there is a version that Antoonio posted with the ice in a bluer color. Somewheare.... Bsteph