Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: WIP: New textures for Davo's Mechonomicron set

Kagato98 opened this issue on Jan 16, 2002 ยท 9 posts

Kagato98 posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 5:12 AM

I've started work on my texture set for Mechronomicron. Here's what I have so far. Let me know what you think, and please give some helpful comments.

Kagato98 posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 5:12 AM

x

Kagato98 posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 5:13 AM

x

Wizzard posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 5:28 AM

really good Kagato..... I like the look 8 ) on the head one you might try "cleaning" up the bio/mechanical interface? Think about Tetsuo from Akira 8 )

Susan_Carter posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 5:31 AM

Excellent work... Can't wait to see the finished article. Love the Hazzard stripes Kagato, thanks for the info ;)

Little_Dragon posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 12:20 PM

Reminds me of the water tentacle from The Abyss. Have you considered using a transparency map?

scifiguy posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 12:47 PM

I think Little Dragon's got something there...some transparency on that tentacle would be cool. The enforcer bot looks great...I like the hazard stripes too.

Kagato98 posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 1:47 PM

Actually I was using a transmap: Just not in the picture I've posted. My origional idea for Nessifer was to make his organic parts out of 'energy' . Both his brain and his tentacle were transparent. I just didn't know if you guys would like it, and it takes longer to render. So I left it out. I'll have some more pictures to post soon. Thanks for all the feedback!

Ajax posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 7:05 PM

Give bump maps some consideration too. You could put some very interesting detail onto the surface of the enforcer bot with a simple 2 colour bump map.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message