Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Daz's mystery model, hmmm what could it be??

Jazzmin opened this issue on Jan 16, 2002 ยท 32 posts

Jazzmin posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 7:27 PM

Anybody in the know about this model? Can't wait... gotta know now! LOL

Vive Bene.  Spesso L'Amore.  Di Risata Molto.
Live Well.  Love Often.  Laugh Much.

nikitacreed posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 7:39 PM

Ooooh! I had no idea about that! Now I am dying to know! Thanks alot Jazzmin! heh ;o)

chadly posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 7:49 PM

Yeah, what could it be...
Oh wait, I work at DAZ. I already know!

Just thought I'd give you my opinion that this is the coolest "freebie" that we will have given out yet. (Although it's technically not a freebie. It will be a regularly selling product, only those who purchase(d) Michael 2.0 while on intro special will get it for free.

Chad Smith
DAZ Productions

PS- Maybe we'll be able to drop some hints as this thing progresses...

SPIRESMEDIA posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 7:51 PM

is it only free to mike 2.0 full, or does that include mike 1.0 buyers that purchased the 2.0 upgrade?

Cin- posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 7:54 PM

yeah, what mizzthangg said... I got the M2 upgrade... I want a freebie too! :)

Cin- posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 7:55 PM

Oh wait... I just read the announcement. "we will be emailing a DAZ voucher good towards the new "mystery" model to everyone who has purchased Michael 2.0 (upgrade or full version) prior to January 16, 2002." Nevermind, I'll shuddup now.

SPIRESMEDIA posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 7:58 PM

yeh, me too, cin! lol !!! i wonder hope it's another clothing pak for mike!!!! woohoooooo !

nikitacreed posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 7:58 PM

ARGGGGGHHH! I want to know!! I want to know! Don't you know that some of us folks are already half nuts?? This is too much pressure! I can't take it!! AHHHHHHHHH!

Ajax posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 8:00 PM

I'll second that question. I bought the upgrade just a couple of nights ago. Do I qualify?

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

Kiera posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 8:04 PM

ooohoooh, I can't wait to find out what it is. ;)

Clark2 posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 8:09 PM

Where is everybody seeing this anouncement, and when can we expect the email. I'm horrible at waiting lol

Little_Dragon posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 8:16 PM

Woohoo! I got Michael on the 13th! I qualify! That new Archery Pak at the Store looks great, too. 'Tis a pity I'm out of coin now.

SPIRESMEDIA posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 8:18 PM

little dragon, there is a morphing bow & arrow at www.runtimedna.com for free you may want to check out in the meantime....looks pretty cool, too! tam ;o)

spectre3 posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 8:19 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/pages/faq/answers/michael/mystery.html

Here's the link to the "mystery gift" statement :)

Little_Dragon posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 8:22 PM

Already got that bow, actually. But I like the DAZ one, also. Bows are such civilized weapons, not like these toys that everyone has these days, the ones that spit lead pellets.

jaybutton posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 8:23 PM

I just got the archery pack - its great! Its funny, I kept looking at the old archery pack. I kept thinking, too bad it won't conform to Michael or Victoria. I am glad I waited to get it! Anyway, I am guessing that the mystery gift is the conforming clothes for Mike. It makes sense that they would give something for Mike, since that's the only model they know that the purchaser has. I am eager to find out what it is, too! :) Jay

SPIRESMEDIA posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 8:26 PM

winking...my thinking EXACTLY, jay!!! ;o)

jaybutton posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 8:50 PM

On the other hand, it could be a texture map or hair for Mike, or dare I even hope for a transmapped beard pack? I would be happy with any of these. We'll have to wait and see. :) Jay

Little_Dragon posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 8:53 PM

I do hope it is some sort of conforming clothing item, because my Michael has an empty closet. Well, I have a few items from Free Stuff, but variety is good. If I ever get the hang of Poser's Setup Room, I might start making my own.

JetM posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 9:18 PM

hey, wouldn't it be cool if it was the morphs for the Michael clothing packs? $29 was about what the vicky clothing update went for, wasn't it? (It was so long ago I can't remember)

scifiguy posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 2:06 AM

oooo special freebie! I can't wait! Yeah, that archery pack looks pretty cool. I may have to pick up the eyeglasses too. Anyone got that yet?

ming posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 3:08 AM

I hope it's some kind of improvement on the facial hair or morphs for the Wonder Wedge. I am totally disappointed in both!

Staby posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 5:04 AM

Where did you read about this?

gryffnn posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 6:32 AM

The notice says: "Shortly, we will be emailing a DAZ voucher good towards the new "mystery" model to everyone who has purchased Michael 2.0 (upgrade or full version) prior to January 16, 2002. (If you purchase after this date, your voucher code will be displayed on your sales receipt.) So don't loose those vouchers. As part of this opportunity, we are leaving Michael 2.0 on special until we release the "mystery" model. The "Mystery" model will also be made available for sale to those who did not buy Michael 2.0." So it must be something you can use without M2. Chad, you are a tease, but dull old January is a good time for a mystery. JetM's guess is good, although Vicky's was a brokered item, so not sure it would be a freebie. We'll just have to wait and see. Glad to hear M2 has been selling well - remember all those complaints that there wasn't a market for male figures?

Jazzmin posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 3:49 PM

Attached Link: http://daz3d.com

Staby go to daz and check out the link just above the main picture.

ooooh, can't wait, gotta know now, anticipation is driving me nuts.... ahhhhh!!! LOL

Jazz

Vive Bene.  Spesso L'Amore.  Di Risata Molto.
Live Well.  Love Often.  Laugh Much.

b16a1 posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 9:42 AM

mmm.... I'd laugh my socks off, if all of these 'guesses' are the thing to inspire DAZ... floating a rumor around, just to get some ideas on what to do next... woehahahaha I love it... THAT would be the BOMB!!!

bloodsong posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 5:21 PM

okay, it's..... a thigh-master for michael. no? how about a tie? yes, a necktie.

b16a1 posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 5:37 AM

that your wishlist bloodsong? LOL

Legume posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 3:18 PM

Yes, it's a Mike Merkin!

bloodsong posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 5:15 PM

no... not my wishlist, just what my lil ol' pessimistic self expects. i know mike's amerkin, he was made right here in utah. but what's the free goodie? ;)

wyrwulf posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 10:09 PM

"It is a mystery model that we are releasing in the near future." Quote from the Daz message when you click on the question marks. The way I read it, it is going to be a NEW item. Another quote from the same page, "The "Mystery" model will also be made available for sale to those who did not buy Michael 2.0." looks to me like it is NOT a Michael related product.

Ajax posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 10:34 PM

Unless it works equally well with Michael 1. ;-)

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message