Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Animation Trick

ravenfeeder opened this issue on Jan 16, 2002 ยท 11 posts

ravenfeeder posted Wed, 16 January 2002 at 7:48 PM

I've benefitted much from tips on this forum, so maybe I can give back a little. I've been playing around with animating Poser characters and came up with a way to do something that at first seemed near impossible. Say, for example, you're trying to make a figure discard a shirt they're wearing - take it off and drop it to the floor. If it's "conformed", that may be difficult by just lowering the "y" space coordinate. That won't work on some items. But, you can "bend" the item to the front, or back, to partly remove it. Then you trick the system. At that step in the animation, you reduce the scale of that discarded item to "0" and it disappears. Lock in the zero with the "break spline" command so it won't reappear. Then introduce a second item identical to the first, but NOT CONFORMED, at the location the other went to zero, and move the second to the floor (or whereever) with animation. Alternately, instead of setting scale to "0", you can drop it on one animation step to a "y" value far below the scene and lock that setting in. I know some of you experts probably figured this out a long time ago, but maybe somebody new (like me) hasn't, so - for what it's worth - good animating.