Forum: Animation

Subject: Really BASIC Poser animation question

Pinto opened this issue on Jan 17, 2002 ยท 7 posts

Pinto posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 12:47 PM

I know this sounds real basic, but I'm just starting and I just don't see it in the manual. How do I change scenes? It's real simple. I have a figure at one angle and one view and one pose with motion. I have the figure in another angle, view and pose with motion. I need to put them together without the motions trying to merge. I tried the Break Spline thingy but can't seem to get anywhere. I have separate pose files and pz3s on each. Thank you for your help. Pinto

Little_Dragon posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 1:36 PM

You can't switch cameras in a Poser animation. You might fake it by keyframing the original camera to jump from Point A to Point B over the space of a single frame, but it isn't necessary. Simply render each scene separately, then splice the video clips together with a video editing utility. Ultimately, this gives you more control, as you can create cool scene transitions like dissolves or wipes, rather than just a quick cut from one camera to another.

Pinto posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 2:31 PM

Thanks Little Dragon. At least that explains why I couldn't do it. What's a good inexpensive editor? Thanks. Pinto

Little_Dragon posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 4:59 PM

If you're working on a PC with .avi files, try VirtualDub. It's free, and comes with a lot of filters.

When rendering animations in Poser, be sure to save the video uncompressed. You can always compress later with the editor, after you've pieced everything together.

Pinto posted Thu, 17 January 2002 at 5:28 PM

Thanks Litttle Dragon. I'll go check it out. The price is right to get my feet wet! Pinto

farang posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 4:39 PM

definiteily gives you better quality. You might try some of the video editor packages like Ulead, etc. that give you downloadable demos to use for a limited period of time. Whatever you choose you can't do worse than what Posers compression spits out.

Pinto posted Sat, 19 January 2002 at 6:38 PM

Thanks farang, I thought I might start with U-Lead, before I went to Adobe. I've always been impressed with the U-Lead products. They initiated Photostyler which was picked up by Adobe, and their image management system is now Extensis Portfolio. Do you have personal experience with this product? Pinto