Forum: Challenge Arena

Subject: Let's model the Elf

SergeFinder opened this issue on Jan 18, 2002 ยท 13 posts

SergeFinder posted Fri, 18 January 2002 at 2:07 PM

Attached Link: http://home.wxs.nl/~radiant/Home.htm

I have started to model the Elf Legolas from the Lord of the Rings movie, but any help is appreciated. I have boots, tunica (half, needs morphing), bow (sort of) and elf ears. Awesome job, though. A joint effort then, maybe ? (more reference pictures available by request and on the Web)

Afrodite-Ohki posted Sun, 27 January 2002 at 12:30 PM

Oooo my God it's Legolas :D I'd help you, but I only have Poser, it's not good for modelling... Oh Oh I know, do you have the arrows? I could easily make them!

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

CharlieBrown posted Sun, 27 January 2002 at 8:55 PM

BTW, I have it on authority that someone is - or at least WAS - modelling an elf with a VERY strong resemblance to Legolas for sale at the Store.

SergeFinder posted Mon, 28 January 2002 at 8:06 AM

Could be Mehndi... modelled a Wood Elf on sale now through Daz3d... needs a lot of other buys however (Michael, Adventurers and Archery pack).

SergeFinder posted Mon, 28 January 2002 at 8:07 AM

Of course the hair needs work, model lacks textures etc.

Afrodite-Ohki posted Mon, 28 January 2002 at 9:31 PM

texturing is pretty easy for me... Clothing needs some details

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

SergeFinder posted Tue, 29 January 2002 at 12:59 AM

Well, if you take the film-Legolas as an example, his tunic has a silver embroidery of curly shapes, (see picture) and his quiver has silver peacocks impressed upon. I intend to do the texturing in Vue d'Esprit since I don't use Poser as the renderer and exporting Poser mapped figures is a real crime (to 3D Studio or Vue anyway).

SergeFinder posted Tue, 29 January 2002 at 1:00 AM

Bow, Quiver

RimRunner posted Tue, 29 January 2002 at 1:05 AM

I like the shape / design of the quiver. The basic shape I would do with NURBS, for the neat lip near the top.. the rest would be best with Texture & Bump work. Looking at the bow, there is scroll work around the handle and string mounts. Good luck on this one guys.. can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

Afrodite-Ohki posted Tue, 29 January 2002 at 9:32 PM

well then it`ll be tough, because I dont have a clue on how to use vue despirit and maps in it :D

- - - - - - 

SergeFinder posted Wed, 30 January 2002 at 3:19 AM

Simple ! I only need a medium large JPEG with the curls or the peacock pattern on it... that's what I was planning to do myself. It's easy to adjust the mapping in Vue afterwards, although UVW mapping in Poser often yields even better results. in 3DMAX or Vue I usually use a decal mapping for any pictures on a even colored background.

SergeFinder posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 8:19 AM

Using Millenium Bow and modified Daz3d Ogre.

Afrodite-Ohki posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 7:40 AM

Looks nice! Hey, who's the Mowgly guy behind? Lol

- - - - - -