Forum: Photography

Subject: Stunt Photography I

SPIRESMEDIA opened this issue on Feb 02, 2002 ยท 9 posts

SPIRESMEDIA posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 10:44 PM

i took this thru the windshield of my ZX2, WHILE i was driving....thus the name: STUNT PHOTOGRAPHY....just one in a series i'll be doing...if it doesn't KILL ME! ;o) note: my hubby was not all that impressed, cuz i was snapping shots like crazy, making me late picking him up....ahhhhhhh, the high price of GETTING THE SHOT! tam ;o)

Michelle A. posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 10:53 PM

Pulling a Punkie on us now?! LOL! That is a suprisingly clear, unblurry shot for being in a moving car while driving with one knee and balancing that camera! Now just be careful OK?

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

PunkClown posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 12:20 AM

Mizzthang, I have to echo Michelle, *please* be careful! I've done things like this, but I was a passenger in one photo (Tunnel), and in the other (Gateway) I had the camera on a tripod (strapped securely in) with a cable release...and even then that was a bit naughty! Having said all that, this is one cool "road' photo, and so crisp! How low slung are those ZX2's? -you look to be at bumper level!

Finder posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 12:42 AM

At least leave the kids at home when you're out on these shoots. Joe

APFrey posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 11:01 AM

Speaking from experience, if you must do this, DO NOT ZOOM WHILE DRIVING AND LOOKING THROUGH CAMERA!!! Seeing the cars in front of you hurl themselves at you at an incredible speed is not wise, especially at night! I nearly killed myself while zooming...=) Andrew

Slynky posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 3:56 PM

the tree in the back looks like it was about to tip over! coo coo

bsteph2069 posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 5:14 PM

Lady you do a couple more of those type of pics and your are going to age prematuerly. I've done some also. Not only are they typically horrible pictures but ti's spooky as well. Can you get a side kick to snap them instead. Then you can really have fun and speed WHILE holding the shutter open? Bsteph

kathypeach9 posted Sun, 03 February 2002 at 11:23 PM

TAM!!!!!!! this is your mommy......cut out the stunt photography while driving. You could always let me drive your car while you take pictures....or you drive and let me use your camera.......LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL like either of THOSE things are ever going to happen in this lifetime.

JordyArt posted Mon, 04 February 2002 at 8:08 AM

tch, as if women drivers aren't bad enough already...... lol, seriusly, I have to echo Andrews comments, I tried that one and nearly had heart failure!!! I know it's a phase we all go through (like taking the video camera on fair rides....) and it's a fun one, but remember - if anything starts happening wrong, throw the camera to the side, it's not worth THAT much. oh, and btw, erm, the police aren't too understanding of this practice either. But if your good you can deny it AND have them believe you......... (",)