Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Bison - Moose

BillBay opened this issue on Jan 02, 2000 ยท 18 posts

BillBay posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 5:39 PM

[Debra's](http://bbay.com/whisper/) site has been updated with the Moose morph for the Caribou and Moose texture, and the good old Bison you've been waiting for. :) Bill BBay.com

BillBay posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 5:42 PM

Doh!... forgot to mention the Moose Morph and Texture are FREE from Lyne's Creations. You must own the Caribou to use them. Thank's Lyne!

Maz posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 5:52 PM

I can't resist it. What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison? You can't wash your hands in a buffalo. Sorry about that folks.

martialf posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 6:11 PM

I have bought today the caribou from Debra:une be magnifique.i also download the caribou-moose by Lyne,from Poserworld.I don't find some of the caribou-morph dials described in the read me(EX:MOOSE1,MOOSE2...) i found some but not all so it looks like moose but not like the picture Where are they? The zip content is a moose texture and a cr2, the readme ,no objet

BillBay posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 6:42 PM

Martial, Thanks for the nice words about Debra's Caribou, we appreciate it. Just to be sure, I reloaded the caribou - moose morph into Poser from scratch. I assigned the moosetexture.jpg to the entire figure. The render is the result. The moose morphs are in the head. mooseset.jpg These are the settings that are in the CR2, I didn't change them for my image. moosetrial1.jpg The only differance between this render and the other is that I made a bump map from moosetexture.jpg by converting it to Grey scale, doing negative image and saving as a bump map. If you need additional information or help, please send me an email at BillBay@BBay.com Good Luck Bill BBay.com

Quikp51 posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 7:24 PM

Wow , those are pretty cool. I like them alot! Anyone know where to get some good birds , realistic like these two animals?

picnic posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 7:30 PM

Debra has a wonderful owl and Zygote's eagle, of course--oh, and Anton's peacock and Bloodsong's swans--both terrific. Maybe you are thinking more along the lines of perching birds--I haven't really found any good ones, altho' there are several models around, but not many. Diane B

wyrwulf posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 7:32 PM

The moose and buffalo look great. Another morph idea for the caribou would be an Elk. Quikp51, Debra has a couple of owls at the same site as the above animals. Zygote sells an eagle, and Lyne made a raven morph for the Zygote eagle, available at PoserWorld.

picnic posted Sun, 02 January 2000 at 7:38 PM

Also, I wanted to say how terrific I think Deb's models are. I have the caribou and plan to go back and get the winged owl and bighorn sheep soon. Her models and the prices are wonderful. Diane B

zett posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 2:53 AM

Very nice! Many thanks to Debra for all her wonderful animals. Greetings from Germany ZETT

martialf posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 6:41 AM

To Bill:Thanks for your answer i vave downloaded the morph files from Debra and now i have the same moose than the one showing here But just check on Poserworld ,there are two files from Lyne associated to moose morph ,one is the one i had problem with Thanks again now caibou and moose are eating together

steveshanks posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 10:13 AM

Its a bit confusing LOL so many morphs and textures.....on Poserworld there are 2 morphs for Debra's Caribou one for a moose and one to change the original a bit....and also the texture map for the moose......speaking of birds anyone seen a parrot around I have a pirate :o) if I can find a parot I think I'll build a ship scene......Steve

bloodsong posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 12:17 PM

heya; these are cooooool! debbie and lyne, a dangerous combination! :)

Ghostofmacbeth posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 4:00 PM

I have the bighorn sheep and am using them in a pic that I am trying to finish and they are cool to ...Just thought I would mention that

Debra posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 7:13 PM

Thanks to all of you for your kind words :). I have a lot of fun making these figures. Lyne did a good job with the moose morphs - (she also has morphs at Poser world for the Poser Horse, and the Zygote Eagle, Bloodsong also has some handy morphs there too - for the Horse and Cat :)

LilWolff posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 9:01 PM

Yippie!!!!

Marie posted Mon, 03 January 2000 at 10:17 PM

Thank you all for the compliments! (I'm Lyne, of the "moose morphs" -grin!). Deb's models are GREAT to work with, and I am so glad to be allowed to morph them! I have also done a raven from the zygote eagle, you will find it at Poser World. I PLAN on doing a parrot but another of Deb's models is "demanding" my attention first! OH! And the moose cr2 did not "carry over" the BODY dial settings, just the morph settings. I put the body parts dial settings in the moose readme, to help pull the caribou into the moose body. - Lyne

Keith posted Wed, 05 January 2000 at 6:54 PM

Just for the interest of anyone using Debra's animals, if you want a realistic scene you have to watch the scale of the animals, especially if you have a human in the scene. I used to live in moose country and I now live in caribou/muskox country, so I know of what I speak. Moose-big, the shoulder of a big male will often reach a man's shoulders. Caribou-small, the shoulder of a big male will be, at most, the height of the bottom of a man's chest. Muskox-about the same height at the hump behind the head as the caribou. Numerically, a moose will be 5+ feet high, the caribou and muskox around 4 feet (all at the shoulders).