Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 4.05 Mac Sun gone in volumetric skies

tuckersaur opened this issue on Feb 08, 2002 ยท 14 posts

tuckersaur posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 6:39 PM

New Vue Mac user here. Old Brycer. You guys have a great forum here.

Any other Mac or PC users have this problem?

I installed the 4.05 update last night.
Although the nudge keys now work I have lost the sun in my volumetric skies. The sun object simply does not glow at all. Still works fine in standard atmosphere skies.

I rebooted OS X to see if that would change anything, but it didn't.

As soon as I switch to a volumetric preset the sky is very dark no matter where I move the sun and you can never see the sun in the render - even when I make it a large visible object. Something really got hosed in the volumetric sky model when I installed this update. Also the sun icon is showing up in the scene facing the camera, so I know it should be rendered. I even moved the clouds to higher altitude and eliminated all fog and haze, just to see if the sun would show up - it is simply gone in the volumetric model.

Also - when I toggle the atmosphere from volumetric to standard the sun shows up in the render on standard. It is simply gone for volumetric sky render - that is the bug.

I guess I'll have to reinstall from the CD.

I've been using Bryce since version 1 and I am amazed at the skies and atmosphere in Vue. Once I get my volumetric sun back I think I'll be using Vue for a long time to come.

I also sent this to Steve, but I think he's getting swamped from this update ; )

thanks for listening.