Forum: Animation

Subject: Invasion of privacy!!!! PLEASE READ!!!

Jack D. Kammerer opened this issue on Jan 07, 2000 ยท 3 posts

Jack D. Kammerer posted Fri, 07 January 2000 at 2:27 AM

It came to my attention, while downloading the very cool DGT Templates, that Dan "DD" Nichols from the PFO, created. I was surprised to find in the ZIP FILE not only the POZEWORKS.PZS, but also another little file in it entitled "POSER FORUM.PZS". I was unsure what this file was and shrugged, figuring it to be a needed file. However, it wasn't. Instead, what it did was change the Web Links in my POSER 4 program. Now when I click the web link in my Poser to go to Renderosity as I have done, I -instead- found myself at the PFO. Trying again, the same thing happened. I questioned someone and found out what happened. It seems that the "POSER FORUM.PZS" file that I allowed to load on my system replaced the link that was on my program without my knowledge. There was no mention of it in the ZIP file and this sort of ticked me off. Why? Not the fact that the link was changed on my program pointing to the PFO, but that the link was changed without my knowledge!! It seemed to me to be "sneaky" and downright RUDE! What gave him the right to invade my program and make changes to it? Is that action supported by the creators of the program? What else in my program can be changed by downloading a file? Why did he feel the need to do it secretively? Is that an action by a responsible Administrator of the Poser Forum Online? To change your links without you knowing about it? To me, that is just wrong!! Not wrong to have change or make a link to point to their forum, but to do so without my knowledge or permission!! So instead, I offer all of you this solution, a simple one really, one that the PFO could have informed you of, rather than change your program without your knowledge.