Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: attempt at photreal animation

wolf359 opened this issue on Feb 22, 2002 ยท 10 posts

wolf359 posted Fri, 22 February 2002 at 7:39 PM

Attached Link: http://66.70.166.29/promo/deep3.mpg

Hi all ive been studying the final fantasy DVD for its incredble 3D lighting as part of the preproduction for my animated short film and this is one of my first tests at attempting photoreal animation please excuse the obvious animation flaws as i used a stock BVH motion file and did bother to clean it up in pre-visualizaluon since this is primarily a lighting test I am really starting to get excited about my short film!! (900k mpeg)

My website

YouTube Channel

Little_Dragon posted Fri, 22 February 2002 at 7:56 PM

Your finished film should be quite impressive, if this is just an early test render. I've seen this character used in another short film posted at iFilm, by the way. The light from the headlamp doesn't seem to be moving in perfect sync with the head. What did you render this in?

wolf359 posted Fri, 22 February 2002 at 8:24 PM

Cinem 4DXL7
and because this is a poser animation imported into cinema via the propack there are problems to be overcome with attaching items to the poser imported characters but i am working them out
and yes that is a free character thats fitts my need perfectly for this genre!!

Thanks for having a look.

My website

YouTube Channel

markdc posted Fri, 22 February 2002 at 8:32 PM

It was used in my short on iFilm.

wolf359 posted Fri, 22 February 2002 at 8:40 PM

"Forbidden love" or something
i saw your film , good work

and thats a great free character
did you create him???!!

My website

YouTube Channel

desler posted Fri, 22 February 2002 at 8:41 PM

I do like the lighting there especially. Is that something achieved from Cinema4d or another program?

markdc posted Fri, 22 February 2002 at 8:55 PM

Attached Link: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilm/product/film_info/0,3699,2404769,00.html

No, the model is made by a guy in Japan named Taturu (I probably spelled his name wrong). I have his email address somewhere... The short is called "Real Love"

brittmccary posted Fri, 22 February 2002 at 10:13 PM

:( couldn't get it to play! Britt

wolf359 posted Sat, 23 February 2002 at 6:00 AM

Yes Desler thats all cinema lighting the character is actually animated inposer and imported into cinema via the FREE plugin from curious labs for propack/cinema users

My website

YouTube Channel

DaveK posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 8:23 PM

I like it. Can't wait for more.