Forum: Photography

Subject: A pict and an introduction.

Quinn opened this issue on Feb 24, 2002 ยท 11 posts

Quinn posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 9:04 AM

Hello, Im Quinn, and Im not really new to the photo forum or renderosity for that matter, but I dont post much. I thought it was hi-time to stop lurking in the shadows, and actually said hi. Just a little about me. Ive been a shutter bug for more than 20 years, Ive been using PhotoShop since Version 3, maybe 2, I really dont remember, and I dont consider myself a pro, I just enjoy taking pictures. The picture above, though not very good, holds a special place for me. It was taken in 91, with a Minolta X-700 on Kodak Ektar 1000 speed film (thus the extreme grain). The Negative was recently scanned with a Nikon Super CoolScann 4000 ED, at 4000ppi, then cropped and worked over in PhotoShop 6. It was taken at my familys farm in Oklahoma. Well, for someone who doesnt say much I think Ive rambled on long enough. I have learned much from you guys, and thank you for the great forum. Quinn

Misha883 posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 9:33 AM

Welcome to the Forun, Quinn.

PunkClown posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 10:00 AM

Welcome Quinn! Lovely coloured skies you have in Oklahoma! (Nice Pic)

Quinn posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 10:06 AM

Thanks for the comments. As far as the 4000ED is concerned, I love this thing, Ive been using it since last summer. The ICE is great on dust, and scratches. Ive used it to remove those lovely scratches that one hour labs tend to leave across the whole role. The ROC works fairly well. Helped to bring some usability to underexposed concert shots. But the GEM, well it tends to make an image to soft, in my opinion.

bevchiron posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 12:05 PM

Hi Quinn Beautiful sky in your image & I think we all love trees ; ) look forward to seeing more.

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

starshuffler posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 1:20 PM

Welcome to the nuthouse! :-) I love those orange and copper colors. (*

Michelle A. posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 1:28 PM

Mmmm...that sky is beautiful! Nice to meet you Quinn!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

JordyArt posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 1:37 PM

Nice pic - well, if you've been hanging around for a little while I need no intro!!! Welcome.... (".)

Rohyphnol posted Sun, 24 February 2002 at 4:31 PM

hey quinn...i just popped my cherry here too...

Antoonio posted Mon, 25 February 2002 at 4:44 AM

Welcome to the group. Nice pic you got there. .n

Maygen posted Wed, 27 February 2002 at 12:15 AM

hello quinn welcome to the forum