Forum: Photography

Subject: Moon

Misha883 opened this issue on Mar 05, 2002 ยท 11 posts

Misha883 posted Tue, 05 March 2002 at 8:55 PM

It turned out! Fujicolor HQ (100). Sigma 170-500mm zoom (at about 500mm). 1/60S @ f22.

doruksal posted Tue, 05 March 2002 at 11:16 PM

Always a fascinating subject, that moon is..! It is not a perfectly full moon I think, at this time of capture, but it's very beautiful as a heavenly body ... As a photograph, it's grained colorfully too much I think, and needs a b/w or duotone touch... :)

matrixx_au posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 12:46 AM

Great pic..what kind of settings used here to take an image at night?

Michelle A. posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 5:19 AM

This sort of stuff always amazes me....I've never been able to capture the moon. You did a great job Misha!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

bevchiron posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 12:04 PM

Relly great job, I've never managed it but you've inspired me to try again!

elusive.chaos

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star...." (Nietzsche)

L8RDAZE posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 1:04 PM

Cool shot...still have to give this one a go! Hey, by the way, ever wonder why there have been no pix of the stuff we, (the US) left up there in 1969? Ya think with all the advances we've made since then ( Like HUBBEL), someone could get a decent shot of that flag and moon buggy. Hmmmmm..... L8r!

JordyArt posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 5:59 PM

hey L8r, do I sense a touch of 'Conspiracy theory' there? Yup, I know what u mean - if U don't believe it look up some info on the Van Allen belt - and ask how come they are still alive? Oh, and keeping the photography theme, check out the film both NASA and Kodak agree was used - there is NO WAY it could stand the temperature changes....... (",)

Misha883 posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 7:27 PM

I'm still not convinced the Earth isn't really flat and most of this isn't a sound stage in Nevada. We're just imagining all those Aussie folks.

Antoonio posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 2:55 AM

...where did all that noise came from? Pic is really beautiful (and damn you and your 500mm), but that noise...? .n

Misha883 posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 4:17 AM

where did all that noise came from? Best guess is from the Fujicolor HQ100. Even with a 500mm the moon only fills a small fraction of the frame, so grain is visible. This weekend I'll look at some of the other exposures. I bracketed over a pretty wide range, and maybe some of the other frames look better. With color negative, the dye clouds do change somewhat with exposure. Could be the scanner. Old nikon LS-1000. Only has 8 bits/channel. I did increase contrast quite a bit in Photoshop. Maybe seeing quantization noise. Combination of both.

JordyArt posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 4:30 AM

Nothing is real. I am an experiment. When someone goes out of the room they disappear. Noises I hear are generated for my sensory input only. If I can't see something, it doesn't exist. (",)