Forum: Photography

Subject: Pigeonholed?

Kurka opened this issue on Mar 06, 2002 ยท 8 posts

Kurka posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 1:10 AM

Just got a scanner. The perfect thing for a cold night. This I took in Puerto Rico a few years back. I guess I'm missing the warmth.

Artax posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 3:56 AM

nice shot... but i suggest you to make some post-work in photoshop... the colours seems a bit falsed to me.... ...which scanner is ? Epson maybe?

Michelle A. posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 5:22 AM

Hehe! Cool pic....love that wall!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Kurka posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 7:34 AM

Those are the colors.

PhrankPower posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 8:18 AM

Looks like too much red, especially in the dark areas, like the shadows around the bushes at the bottom. But that would take just a minute to correct in Photoshop. Cool pic, though. Looks like some of the early scenes from Alfred Hitchcocks movie The Birds!

Michelle A. posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 9:50 AM

Hmmmm.....that's strange because I don't see a problem with the colors. Seems to me that the wall was made out of clay...wouldn't that account for it?

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Artax posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 10:31 AM

PhrankPower has get the problem... there's a red predominance in the pic. The problem could be: 1- Scanner; 2- Processing of the film; 3- Both. To my experience, i think, is the N3. I've no info of which scanner was used for this pic... but i think one with no ColorSync profile (or a bad one)... or maybe processed in a PC. But the problem could be the film processing, really frequent if the pic is some yeard old. I've reworked the pic a little (just for fun) this is the result after some post-work... I'm really afraid that the greens (yellows in fact) are a bit too dark in my reworked pic... but the shadows of the bushes and almost all the bushes itself are composed by reds... =/

JordyArt posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 6:07 PM

'perfect thing for a cold night' no, that's not a scanner, that's an understanding woman!!!! lol (",)