Forum: Bryce

Subject: Realism help

itsrainin opened this issue on Mar 06, 2002 ยท 6 posts

itsrainin posted Wed, 06 March 2002 at 11:42 PM

Im tryin to learn how to make realistic images, So i started this simple image, Any tips on making it as realistic as possible, I know clay should have some good input on this :) how does it look so far? thanks guys itsrainin

rubycon posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 12:46 AM

Soft shadows can do a lot for creating realism. Take a look at this tutorial by Necati Pamuk for simulating radiosity. http://www.bryceanworlds.com/pages/simulated_radiosity1.html Rubycon

AgentSmith posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 4:23 AM

It's harder to make an object look realistic when it's in a plain enviroment. Since your mug is reflective, it would look better if it was on a table with other objects to reflect. There is also lighting. Almost no lighting is purly white, especially interior lights. Don't forget stuff like steam coming off the coffee, and if you can; lip and/or fingerprints on the cup, coffee ring on the desk, etc.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

itsrainin posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 11:38 AM

thanks rubycon that link is very helpful

itsrainin posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 4:29 PM

tried some of the techniques on the link

rubycon posted Thu, 07 March 2002 at 10:18 PM

Looks better already. The lighting off the top of the liquid also improved. You can adjust the sharpness and darkness of the shadows by making the light dome larger or smaller. Putting a texture on the table will help hide those shadow lines. The more lights you use the better the shadows, but the longer the render times. Rubycon