Forum: Photography

Subject: Must.... VENT!!!! UnrealAliceFileDAMMIT

Slynky opened this issue on Mar 09, 2002 ยท 18 posts

Slynky posted Sat, 09 March 2002 at 4:39 PM

Attached Link: wanna try the site for yourself? ARG!!!!

If anyone here plays games, especially multiplayer ones, than you likely know fileplanet.com, the (once) one stop shop for every mod, plugin, and levels files there are available. All these files are provided free of charge for gamers to play on. NOW, fileplanet gives you the "option" of buying your own "personal server", which they claim will give you faster downloads cause it is your OWN server JUST for you. This "option" is actually the only choice there is on fileplanet now. I sincerely doubt that they are buying all that hardware to create "personal" servers for every single member there is. This really peeves me off, cause the gamers get screwed. Fileplanet has something of a monopoly I noticed. Other sites used to carry the same file pretty much as file planet, but a few days ago I check for Unreal tournament levels and skins, and {POOF, all gone. File planet has'em, lets me see'em, lets me click the "download now" button, and then brings me to a page where it says something along the lines of "Upgrade to your own personal server now for just $$," and continues on like as if we have the choice of saying no... such stupid shizer man!!! Arg, I am annoyed. All I want is the Hall of Kings level for Unreal Tourney...!!! btw: Anyone know if American McGee's Alice will run well on an AMD 380, Voodoo3, with 192 Sdram?? It costs next to nothing now, but I don't wanna waste 20$ on something that won't work. ry