Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: P4 to P3

Don opened this issue on Jan 16, 2000 ยท 4 posts

Don posted Sun, 16 January 2000 at 12:41 AM

Attached Link: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vision_vessel

Because P3 would hold an exported dpi, which P4 won't do, I am considering relaoding P3 on my Power Mac. Questions: 1. Can I load P3 and P4 simultaneously, but on different HDs? Will that cause any conflicts if I run only one at a time? 2. If I can only have one Poser loaded & it's P3 for the dpi, will LoRez P4 figures open in P3? Will 4 HiRez figures open in P3? 3. Now that MC is quitting Poser are they still going to release a patch of fixes for P4? Lotsa questons. Hope someone can answer! Don

nicknoel posted Sun, 16 January 2000 at 3:32 AM

Hoooboy.... In order now. 1.Yes you can. Even on different hard drives. It's slightly easier on the Mac to do that. In fact many users had both on their systems when it first came out. As for conflicts the only one I can see if you click a PZ3 file it might open one or the other. 2.I think if you just load the Geometries from P4 into the P3 folder it should work. The conforming clothes won't work as poser 3 doesn't have that feature. But if that's the case there are quite a few combined characters out there. 3. Meta won't but Ghost Effects (the programmers and owners)are currently tweaking the "Beta version" of the Poser 4 Patch that was release at Christmastime. It should be out "anyday now" They want to have the patch available on Meta's website, but for now they are the sole support for Poser4. I hope that helps you some. Nick

willf posted Sun, 16 January 2000 at 11:23 AM

I have both P4 and P3 set-up two ways. At work both are same hard drive. At home one is on Jaz drive and other on main drive. You can run both programs at the same time if you want. Yes, most ot the Poser 4 geometries can be brought into P3 but you may need to create some new folders. Nick is right on the double-click launch, it will automaticly default to the latest version.

Don posted Mon, 17 January 2000 at 11:15 PM

Thanks for the information! Don