Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Horse tail transparency maps available!

daio1 opened this issue on Jan 16, 2000 ยท 5 posts

daio1 posted Sun, 16 January 2000 at 11:34 AM

I've uploaded my horse tail transmaps to the freestuff area. Using these transparency maps and two horse figures you can make a horse tail that looks like it really has hair! How to use. Import a horse figure and pose and texture* it as you like. Add another horse figure form the library and comform it to the first**. Make everything but the tail of the second horse invisible. (You can the same texture on the second horse's tail as you did on the first or a different one!) Now in the materials dialogue window select the tail and load the tailtrans1.jpg. Set transparency minimum to 0 and the max to 100. Set the transparency fall off to 0. Repeat these steps for the tail of the second horse only loading the tailtrans2.jpg for it. * Both textures and transparency maps look better if you set the color of all the parts of the horse to white. I've loaded several horse texture maps to the renderosity free stuff forum or you can find them on my poser site at http://people.ne.mediaone.net/daio/index.html ** You may want to go back and scale the tail parts of the second horse so that they are slightly larger than that of the first. I tried to make a horse tail prop so that you wouldn't need to use two horse figures but after fighting with it for a day and a half I gave up. I could make one but I couldn't make one that I could pose in the same position as the horse's tail...*sigh* Thanx to everyone who tried to help me with that project. I may try some more later but right now I don't have the time. These transparency maps can be freely used for any noncommercial purpose. They are 2000 by Donna M Waltz. Credit when used is appreciated but not required.