Forum: Community Center

Subject: Farewell to PFO

KateTheShrew opened this issue on Jan 17, 2000 ยท 18 posts

KateTheShrew posted Mon, 17 January 2000 at 10:17 PM

I tried. I really tried to remain calm, to give the benefit of the doubt, to make allowances for different opinions and points of view, but it has finally gone just too far. I have severed all ties with the PFO (I was never more than just a member so it's not a really big deal or anything). My reasons are my reasons and I did state them upon my departure. The following is the text of my final message at the PFO. "I have not been one to get involved in the politics and the behind the scenes stuff on these or any other forums, but I have finally had enough. Dave L's actions regarding a post by 2ndPlanet were just the last straw for this old granny lady. I will no longer associate myself in any way, shape or form with a place that not only allows and tolerates such behavior from its administrators but actually appears to encourage it. To be perfectly frank with you, right now I'm ashamed to admit that I ever even read these forums, let alone posted to them. So. You will not be seeing me here again. I'm sure this won't break anyone's heart and I sincerely doubt I will be missed. In fact, I wouldn't even have posted this but I just had to say my piece. P.S. Please delete my profile, membership, gallery postings, etc. I do not want my name associated in any way shape or form with this place." Well, looks like I'm officially off the fence. Kate