Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: FREE STUFF???

grinder32 opened this issue on Mar 18, 2002 ยท 12 posts

grinder32 posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 10:15 PM

I know I dont give away stuff but I thought I would make a comment anyway.Why is it that there is stuff in the free stuff section that you cant download without first becoming a member of someones website? I thought free meant free?By the way I dont get to use poser much and dont have anything of quality to give yet as soon as I do I will post it without any catches. thanks

Anzan posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 10:29 PM

Well I'm not overly fond of such practices... but as the saying goes, and it's true, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" filling out a form or signing up for something is just the price you pay, it's not money - but it's a price. You get to decide if you want to pay it or not. Anz

Penguinisto posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 10:37 PM

True... I don't require it, and very rarely would I go through the trouble of doing the membership thing to get at the goodies.

OTOH, the ones I do take the time to do so for are well worth it, and are by people I know from here, and whose work I respect highly (Runtime DNA ferinstance..)

It's all a matter of degree, really... if I have to go through a ton of rigamarole and I don't know who the modeller is, I won;t bother. But on the same token, with bandwidth being expensive nowadays, I'm not about to complain if someone does require the log-ins.

/P

ElectricAardvark posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 11:11 PM

Totally agree with Pengie (quack Quack) on this one. The items are still free, you just gotta move around a little to get 'em. Example: My mother-in-law works for a computer consulting firm. She just got me another 21" monitor for free. The catch is I gotta go pick it up and carry it to the car, drive it clear across town than I gotta carry it all the way into my house. On top of that I suppose I'll have to hook it up myself too!! The nerve of some people! ~EA (Who never looks at free horses teeth)

EricTorstenson posted Mon, 18 March 2002 at 11:57 PM

Don't inlaws suck ;) Mine just gives us left overs from a buffet in a specimen bag (no joke). But aside from that, she's a pretty nice lady. eric

ElectricAardvark posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 12:06 AM

ok, I'll say it...eewwwweeee!?!

goat posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 6:48 AM

poor baby.... Doesnt she know, gas isnt cheap. In laws rock. I just received a digital camera delivered! But no one opened the box for me. Judging by the size I dont think it has a printer. Id rather have the left overs. mmmmmm Food

cylui posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 7:05 AM

In Laws, lol, I had to give them a computer, monitor, scanner and a printer. Ok Ok once a while they treated me dinner rather than a doggie bag...... Well I Love the free stuff but of course I have to register and with a monthly usage limit of? 300M?

MaterialForge posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 11:03 AM

Attached Link: http://www.posertrax.com

My inlaws rock - they listen to Pink Floyd, and bring beer when they visit. :) FYI, I don't mind signing up to get freebies, as long as it doesn't get TOO in-depth - y'know, mother's maiden name and all that crap for 3 pages. I know it can be frustrating if you just want to check something out real quick. On my own site, I don't require a signup for the freebies.

Hiram posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 11:06 AM

I got in a lot of trouble telling my ex-wife that her in-laws were much nicer than mine.

MaterialForge posted Tue, 19 March 2002 at 7:23 PM

LOL Hiram...!

adidas posted Fri, 22 March 2002 at 8:03 PM

I try to give some props once in a while because i like making them,and vecause i am a member here i found it natural to give my props here for free with no strings attached.I myself learned alot and downloaded alot from this site so i would even feel guilty askinf anything in return.And my inlaws are great btw ,they live on the other side of the world.