Fri, Sep 20, 1:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Contest Announcements

Welcome to the Contest Announcements Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Contest Announcements F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 1:44 am)

Subject: Mini contest details

Sipapu ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 11:18 PM

file_1433.jpg

Here it is, for what it's worth. I'm trying hard not to compare it to all the charming and lovely pieces here, since I'm still such a newbie at all this. I entered because I need to push myself to try new things, to learn, and to stretch. And hey, if nothing else, I've discovered a bunch of fun new Rosity friends! Say, has anyone posted entries over in the Poser gallery? I know you also gave us that option. Credits: that infamous Cleveland Wrecker, cwshorty, for the versatile vine; Steve Lareau's texture on the vine; zorglub for the lantern; fireflies by yours truly, but inspired by, well, firefly! Oh, I call it "Rushing Toward Spring." P.S. Nope, not tea. Diet Coke - LOL!

cwshorty ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 11:26 PM

Whew, you had me worried. Doesn't look like newbie work to me!! You all are going to have to share some secrets about your images when this is over. Oh no, you've found out about my handle.....VBG Great Job!

Sipapu ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2002 at 11:51 PM

Sorry to worry you, CW. You mean that I might not have made the deadline? Hey, I had 42 minutes to spare! Thanks for your nice words. It's been about 3 weeks since I made my last Bryce image, and that was only 2 weeks after finishing my Bryce Beginners class. I looked at that "blank page" and went dumb, all of a sudden not being able to remember how to do anything! Yep. I know all your childhood secrets now - LOL!

cwshorty ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 12:07 AM

Well it looks like Firefly decided not to do another one and Sipapu your image is the last one. Childhood secrets will not work as a bribe for the judge. ROFL- nice try. Looks like I've got some judging to do. I'll annouce the winner, very shortly. They are all great!!!

cwshorty ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 12:09 AM

Oops sorry, I meant to say I'll announce the winners very shortly -slip of the lip or keyboard...%^)

cwshorty ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 11:12 AM

file_1434.jpg

Well after much deliberation, it looks like we have a 5 way tie *LOL* you all did such a great job, so I wanted to extend the prize to you all, just in time to receive the bonus item (see image) that will be offered with this package as well. I dont know about yall, but I sure did have a great time in spite of the rocky start, and hope to do this again sometime. I will be in contact with you all very shortly, thank you so much for your support!!! Best wishes, Linda

Sipapu ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 12:02 PM

Thanks so much for all the fun. You did a GREAT job. This was obviously a tough choice to make, and you resolved it graciously and generously. Wow - what a cooooool vase. Is that (I hope) an .obj file? It's the only way I can use it in Bryce. If not, am I free to give it away to someone who uses Poser? You're the best, Linda! P.S. I think you've more than made up for the wreck you made of Cleveland in your childhood - LOL!

cwshorty ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 12:09 PM

Of course I've made sure that the .obj file will be included for you!! as she opens poser to export No really, I will be including the .obj file as well, so you won't have to give it away... Are you kidding, made up for my wrecks, oh no I've got alot more to do yet...%^)

firefly ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 12:14 PM

You're awesome Linda!! Thank you so much for the fun, excitement and great prizes :) :) :) This was my first contest and it was a terrific experience. If I ever enter more they will have much to live up to. Congratulations SQS!! You've done it again . I love the spider web you created! (even though I hate spiders) Pizazz, I love your swing idea. This vine certainly was perfect for that! Lovely picture :) Patiaz, your curious babies are so sweet. I especially like the complacent ant though!! Sipapu, you're a competitor extraordinaire! I love your picture. The vine texture is so pretty and the fireflies are adorable. Thank you.... If the bonus files etc. are in poser format I can maybe help you get them into bryce format!! I am at work so can't type/talk any longer but will check back again later this evening. Yippee!!!!!!!! Can hardly wait to get home and download!!

Sipapu ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 12:19 PM

I'm at work too and can't even take the time to comment on individual works right now, but I really want to. Meanwhile, just take Firefly's comments as my own - LOL! Glad you liked the fireflies, Firefly. It's not quite my childhood mischief, though. Gotta go!

SQS ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 6:08 PM

What a great time! First, Linda you did a great job for your first contest. Will look forward to more! :) Thanks, all for making this a wonderful experience. always nice to meet new people. When you look through what can be done with one little vine, we are an awesome group, don't you think? (A wonderful vine it is too) The prize looks fantastic, I love the vase!!! THANKS!!

patiaz ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 6:52 PM

Oh that vase looks awesome. I was thrilled when I came to the area looking for something (now what was it).... Got so excited that I forgot. Thanks again for having a little contest and I agree with SQS, the images that were created with this little vine really show some artistic talents...

pizazz ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 7:16 PM

Linda, The flowers are gorgeous. Going to make something pretty with them this week. All the pictures were great. Again - thank you..

cwshorty ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 9:33 PM

Finally all done, I will be contacting everyone about the bonus file. Once again a great big thank you to everyone that participated, you all made this very special for me, and I enjoyed all of the images that were submitted.....APPLAUDING AS YOU ALL TAKE A BOW* VBG.....%^) Linda

firefly ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 9:43 PM

ok, now that the pressure is off (grin) I'm going to take a more relaxed stroll through a certain "Wreckers" site!! My curiousity is definitelly piqued!! I'm glad that we made this special for you too Linda. It was a huge success I think with 6 very happy people!

Sipapu ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 10:03 PM

This is weird. I posted a message that should have shown up between #64 & 65. Don't think I posted in another forum. If so, whoever reads it will undoubtedly wonder what the heck I was talking about! Anyway, basically it said how much fun I've had here with you all and so much enjoyed your beautiful pictures, and more thanks & congrats to Linda for the very nifty contest and wonderful prizes. But I also told you that I'm not feeling chatty or too great right now because I just got word this evening that a dear friend has died. Don't mean to be a downer, but I thought you nice folks deserved to know why I just don't have it in me to make the individual comments that I'd like to. Take good care all.

SQS ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 10:38 PM

Isn't that very strange. I too have had that news today. My heart goes out to you.

firefly ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 10:52 PM

SQS and Sipapu, I'm so very sorry.... I hope that God eases the pain and sorrow for you both very soon. Brenda (aka firefly)

Sipapu ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 11:28 PM

Thank you, SQS. And mine to you. I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this as well. And thanks to you, Brenda. Right now I'm totally devastated, as are our other friends. I'm sure that peace will come, but first there's the grieving process. On another subject, if you should happen to see my misplaced post anywhere, would you let me know so that I can delete it? Thanks.

cwshorty ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2002 at 12:05 AM

Oh I am so sorry to hear of your news. I don't know what to say other than my thoughts are with you both. I have lost 3 very dear family members just within the last several months, my Grandmother being the most recent at Christmas time. Grieving is very important, something that we tend to try and get thru quickly, instead of letting it run it's course. You do have your memories, something that will be around forever for you alone to cherish. Please know that both of you are in my thoughts as well as my prayers. Linda

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2002 at 7:25 AM

Moved to contest forum... Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.