Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Jim Burtons Cheongsam dress

CobaltDragon opened this issue on Mar 25, 2002 ยท 6 posts

CobaltDragon posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 2:31 AM

Okay I just loaded it and followed the instructions and when i go to load it ...... nothing can not open obj. file. When I open it manually I get the Causual P4 male which will fit on a P4 female but only with her permission :) Anyway anyone have a clue as to whats wrong.

mabfairyqueen posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 4:38 AM

Is this the freebee P4 cheongsam dress?

EnglishBob posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 6:25 AM

Make sure you unzipped the .obj file to exactly the right place: :Runtime:Geometries:Poser4Clothes:New:Cheongsam.obj If you're on Windows, that will most likely be C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser4RuntimeGeometriesPoser4ClothesNewCheongsam.obj It has to be exactly right, or Poser can't find it - it then tends to load something else instead, as you've seen. :-( If Cheongsam.obj is in the right place, look for a Cheongsam.rsr in the same directory. Delete it (with Poser shut down) and try again.

Jim Burton posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 12:14 PM

I gather something has gone bad with the Zip, as I've gotten about 4-5 messages. I've just replaced it, I'm going to doublecheck that the link here is going to the right file. The cheongsam was the first item of Poser clothing I ever made, incidently!

CobaltDragon posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 2:26 PM

I really like the dress as it is very beautiful

Nance posted Mon, 25 March 2002 at 7:29 PM

Kewl... that means that those of us with the original working .zip now have JB first edition collectors items! To heck with that lousy Babe Ruth rookie card! ;-)