Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Navigational Interface and Rounder Hips for Stephanie......

TheWolfWithin opened this issue on Mar 26, 2002 ยท 8 posts

TheWolfWithin posted Tue, 26 March 2002 at 2:03 AM

GalleryImage160421.jpg no.......i don't really like Stephanie's squarish hips.....so i set about the task of rounding them out a bit.....the lighting here doesn't really do the final result justice, but here it is just the same......she'll be part of the navigational interface at a new site i'm putting together.......i posted this to the Gallery, but you know, i can never seem to create that magic thumbnail that garners attention and consequently the advice and guidance that i'd like in my attempts at Poser excellence......so here it is in the Forum for your viewing displeasure/pleasure to critique/slag/review........... ;)

TheWolfWithin posted Tue, 26 March 2002 at 2:04 AM

almost forgot.......the cloth was done in Paint Shop Pro 7 with a Wacom Graphire tablet and a lot of naughty, naughty words......

Tashar59 posted Tue, 26 March 2002 at 2:12 AM

Looks good to me, I like the rounder hips. Tashar 59

Dave71 posted Tue, 26 March 2002 at 2:54 AM

I like the texture..great artwork and the cloth looks great.

Lyrra posted Tue, 26 March 2002 at 4:13 AM

I like the body changes - not enough curvy poserchicks out there :) If the breasts were more conical/fuller/perky her body/posture would be a very close echo of Botticelli's Venus. The hip cloth came out beautifully - I especially like the folds coming up to the right side - but something seems a little off on the breast piece. Not sure why, but it 'feels' flat to me. Perhaps adding an overall shadow/highlight to give more depth? Ah - just figured out what else was bugging me - when fabric is draped tightly on the breast like that - where the breast is fuller the folds get smoothed out (except for perky nipple highlight/shadow) and the folds come back together again as the fullness in the breast decreases. For a demo - go get a round thing with some weight to it (baseball, orange, whatever) and a scarf. Lay the cloth out flat, put the round thing in the middle. Now squinch the fabric at the ends and lift. See what happens to the folds? Do that :) Lyrra

Ironbear posted Tue, 26 March 2002 at 6:03 AM

Eeew! She's grotesque! Nice job on that - I'd hate to meet her on a dark night. ;] Agree with the cloth suggestions. I think you did a good job on the line/curve from chest through waist to hips. Fantastic work on the texture.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

TheWolfWithin posted Tue, 26 March 2002 at 1:13 PM

thank you for the input, peoples..........this is my first genuine attempt at painting clothing.......and to be honest, i wasn't thrilled with the piece on the breast myself....but i'd already smudged and chromed colorized and fiddled (refer to Post #2) til i was sick of it.....LOL....i'll dig up some good examples of how the cloth should act over the breast, and give it one more shot ;)

Hiram posted Tue, 26 March 2002 at 2:42 PM

Very icky. Great job. On the breast-cloth thing, I think a wider underneath shadow on the lower left quarter would help. As far as the magic thumbnail? Put breasts on it. Take a look at the difference in page views some time. List by "Most Viewed." Sad, but there you have it. I'm thinking maybe just a big nipple would do it. Even a zombie nipple. Maybe especially a zombie nipple.