Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Has anyone purchased this yet??

Jack D. Kammerer opened this issue on Mar 28, 2002 ยท 20 posts

Jack D. Kammerer posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 3:50 PM

My tax return just came in!!! DRINKS FOR EVERYONE!! So in order to celebrate, I've been zooming around at the various stores and looking to get some goodies that I've been wanting to pick up and I was wondering if anyone's purchased 3D Texture Workshop vol 1 by Bill Flemming? It looks kinda cool and I am debating either to get that or Anton's Spyware outfit kit... anyone try this product yet and is it worth it? Jack

Tilandra posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 3:56 PM

I have one of Bill Fleming's books (3D photorealism toolkit) and he is awesome, so I have no doubt his texture workshop is a quality product. I'll take a Sloe Gin Fizz please... :) Tilandra

Jack D. Kammerer posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 4:06 PM

Thank you!! Sloe Gin Fizz on it's way!! C[_] <-- Fizzy!! Jack

lalverson posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 4:13 PM

I got the spy wear stuff myself

Jack D. Kammerer posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 4:17 PM

In other words I might up getting both... but I can't, I still want to go see Blade 2!! But what did you think of that package Lee? Jack

ar2g posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 4:28 PM

I just bought it Jack. It hasn't come yet but If I get it soon I'll post a review of it for anyone interested. I work in a bookstore so I have all of his other books. As for the Spywear stuff from Anton... I definately recommend it!! It comes with some awesome stuff!! AR

PheonixRising posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 4:47 PM

Hi Jack, How are you, GRC, and Dina doing? Didn't think you came around here much. :) Spywear literally just went into the store a few hours ago. Alittle over 50 purchases so far. You might want to check back in a day or so to get the info you are looking for. SO what are you up to? Anton

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

MissTara posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 5:07 PM

I really, really want to get the money together to go see Blade 2, too! I loved the first one!

Petunia posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 5:25 PM

I like the Poserworld set better than the "Spyware" set. It looks more like the original.

lalverson posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 5:25 PM

I'm at work and have yet to install it.

sturkwurk posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 5:36 PM

I didnt think the book was shipping until the 8th of April? Hi Jack! Sling a gin and tonic my way will ya?

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

Niles posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 6:04 PM

Thanks, make mine a Bloody Mary. Blade 2 , Not as good as Blade but good. a good one to see is Ice Age... if you want to smile :) niles

soulhuntre posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 6:33 PM

Blade 2 is a fun movie - much more of an action flick than 1 was. Think of the difference between Alien and Aliens... two different movies... both good. I liked it, and since they are going to do a Blade 3 I am a happy camper.

PheonixRising posted Thu, 28 March 2002 at 7:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/pages/faq/techtipsmain.html

Hey Jack, Try this link to the "bodyhandle" Tech tip. It might give you more info.

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Jack D. Kammerer posted Fri, 29 March 2002 at 2:30 AM

Hey Anton, Things are going good for me. Able to hang around here a bit more than normal since I no longer own DSI or any of those sites (I'm free, I'm free... errr... well, sort of, I am head mod over at R'otica for the time being)... I guess from what Diane said the sales of Dina has been very good, lots of people interested in her and have added her (well endowed) mesh to their collections :o) I've pretty much decided to go with your set... simply because I know you and the quality you provide. Perhaps if I have extra money after Blade 2 and The Sims: Vacation expansion pack I might get that texture thing. I appreciate the Bodyhandle tech tip... that is awesome and looks like it could really come in handy for keyframe animators :o) Jack

Jack D. Kammerer posted Fri, 29 March 2002 at 2:31 AM

OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo almost forgot!! C[_] one Gin and Tonic Doug's way (hey Doug miss ya bud, good to see you are still alive!!) Jack

Mitch1 posted Fri, 29 March 2002 at 6:51 AM

I like the Poserworld set better than the "Spyware" set. It looks more like the original. >> Could you post a link or picture of this set. I'm thinking of buying the one at DAZ but if the Poserword is better I might buy that one instead.

PheonixRising posted Fri, 29 March 2002 at 1:13 PM

I really don't know Steve but he seems to do a very nice job. I went to Poserworld to try and get a pic for you but I got lost. I think you buy a yearly membership over there. I don'y know how much though, I am sure it is under $100. But I am not sure.

ar2g posted Fri, 29 March 2002 at 1:18 PM

HEY!! My book just got here!! the Daz one from Bill I mean. In a couple of days I'll post a review of it for people who are interested. Now I can't wait to get home!!!!! AR

Petunia posted Fri, 29 March 2002 at 2:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=632260

http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=632260 http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=634835 Poserworld is a subscription site. for $50 a year, you get an astonishing number of goodies as they update it twice a month, plus 3 cds full of extras. Steve and Rena are very good at doing requests too.