Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Crosstalk, has anyone suggested this and will it always work?

mabfairyqueen opened this issue on Mar 30, 2002 ยท 10 posts

mabfairyqueen posted Sat, 30 March 2002 at 8:49 AM

I've read a couple things written about cross talk and they go into renaming body parts and morphs, and figures, etc to avoid cross talk. The way I do it is, when I want more than one Victoria in a scene and I don't want them to share full body morphs through crosstalk, I spawn a new full body morph named after the character just for that given scene. I also do as the Daz tech tip suggested by Rob W. and rename the Victoria figure to match the name of the character. Then I turn off all the morphs and turn on the new full body one I just made. Then I pull in the next Victoria character and proceed to do the same for as many characters as I want based on Victoria. I never have a problem with cross talk this way. Now, I've never tried to spawn a full body morph from a bunch of full body morphs, because I usually create my figures body part by body part to get just the combination I want, so I don't know if you can spawn full body morphs from other full body morphs. Can you? I'll have to try it and see, but I know that I've never had a problem with crosstalk using this spawning a new full body morph from the individual parts method I just described. Anyone have more to share on this? I've never had a problem doing it this way, but that doesn't mean one couldn't occur that I don't know about. Are there any holes in my method?