Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A little friendly competition...WIP

TygerCub opened this issue on Mar 30, 2002 ยท 7 posts

TygerCub posted Sat, 30 March 2002 at 5:23 PM

Attached Link: http://members.cox.net/tyger-cub

Just a WIP using minimal background so attention is centered on the characters. Has anyone figured out a decent way to show discarded clothing without a whole lot of postwork? I want their shirts, socks & shoes lying scattered about, but don't want to paint them in. I could post the shoes as characters, but this image is already bogging down my machine, so I'm trying to avoid that, if at all possible.

FyreSpiryt posted Sat, 30 March 2002 at 5:29 PM

Maybe pictures of discarded clothing? You could paste them in as postwork, or I think there's a tutorial listed on this site on how to turn a 2D object into a 3D one (I think it's just putting it on a flat square with a trans map) that would probably work.

Jackson posted Sat, 30 March 2002 at 7:50 PM

I've had some decent results with Photoshop filters. I render the clothes seperately and bring them into Pshop on a separate layer. Then use various filters such as Liquify and Melt (Eye Candy 4000). There's no one set way to do it...it's all trial and error.

TygerCub posted Sat, 30 March 2002 at 7:56 PM

How 'bout this? I finally deleted all the humanoid figures, then threw in the clothing figures, flattened them, and "set" them on the floor. I then took the render and pasted it over the original picture so the seams lined up. The clothes still look kinda flat, and I'm sure some folks will wonder what the heck they are, but it will do for now. Thanks for the help!

VirtualSite posted Sat, 30 March 2002 at 9:59 PM

I'd ditch the chick. Make the image more open-ended.

LordNakagawa posted Sat, 30 March 2002 at 10:10 PM

Hmm maybe if you give the chick sign saying "Round 12" As for teh clothes try posing them in lying on floor postion, export it, then inport i as new onbect and then scale then flat of us eteh morph magenets to make it look more realistic and less pancake like.

markdotcom posted Sat, 30 March 2002 at 10:23 PM

Yes, I was just gonna suggest using the magnets to make folds and such in those clothes. In fact, you may want to avoid scaling down all together and just make them "flat" using magnets. It may produce more a more realistic look. Like, for example, put a shirt on the floor and "cave-in" the chest and sleeves using magnets...