Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Making money with Poser besides brokering. Some info

PheonixRising opened this issue on Apr 01, 2002 ยท 35 posts

PheonixRising posted Mon, 01 April 2002 at 8:57 PM

Attached Link: Anton's Content

Hi there, I know this is a strange thread but I wanted to share some info shared with me. I get alot of email throughout the year from variaous people telling me what they are using my items for. Many of them are making money very simply using Poser images. I know people are always interested on how to make a hobby pay for itself so here are some of the uses I have been told of. -woman in Greece using Photoshop and Poser to make her own children's books -couple in Austrailia using Poser animals on T-shirts, mugs, etc in their animal themed giftshop. -company in Texas using Poser to make safety demonstration videos where a human cast isn't feasable(i.e exiting a plane) -a law office in Montana using Poser for accident scene recreation for legal demonstrative purposes. -Production company in Connecticut using Poser for stage design -Woman in Canda tranferng images onto the tops of inlaid wooden boxed and vases prior to varnish or glaze. -Tons of fleamarket T-shirt, mug, mouspad people -Graphics company using Poser renders as texturemaps on lower rez figures for media projects. (i.e render Vicki and use her render as a map on the P2 woman) This I have done or am doing -Make up video using Poser and photoshop -Making animations for a haunted house to project onto fog and mirrors. -Using poser to make figures for rapid prototyping into silver sculptures. One thing I always get is the fact that people are happy to have a product they can use commercially. So whether it is calanders, mugs, books, furniture, doll houses or whatever, Poser images can be used in alot of different commercial ventures. A $30 dollar purchase can easily be used to make 100 times that much over time. There are so many talanted artist around here. It kills me that peopel are't making money off their work. And certainly not everyone is cut out to make Poser content. There are always other avenues. Anyone doing something I didn't mention? Anton

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer