Forum: Photography

Subject: Comprehensive Large Format Photography Primer Online

ASalina opened this issue on Apr 04, 2002 ยท 5 posts

ASalina posted Thu, 04 April 2002 at 12:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~qtluong/photography/lf/

I've been reading through these web pages, which are a pretty good beginner's guide to large format photography using view cameras, and I thought others here might be interested as well. These pages might inspire you to get into LF photography because of the increased control of depth of field or plane of focus, and perspective. Not to mention the increased detail of LF negatives over 35mm. Or, they may simply give you a deeper appreciation of the convenience of your 35mm SLR. :-) Whichever, you can't go wrong by browsing these pages, as I'm sure they'll give you a deeper understanding of the relationships between lens and film. The pages presume that the reader has an understanding of basic photographic principles, and you might need your slide rule when following the page on focusing a view camera, but otherwise I think it's interesting and enjoyable reading. BTW: I came across this web site because I'm seriously tempted to buy a Graflex Super Speed Graphic, and set up a darkroom, and wanted more info... :-)