Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Conform to a modified figure

Idol opened this issue on Jan 24, 2000 ยท 11 posts

Idol posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 7:31 AM

I have made modified the bodyparts of a p4 nude man to look like a hobbit. Now I want to conform cloths to it, but becouse I have reshaped the bodyparts the cloths dost fit at all. Do any bady know how to conform figures to a reshaped figure? Thanks! Marcus

JeffH posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 7:48 AM

You would have to reshape the clothing in the same way you did the figure. The clothing only fits because it is derived from the figure's shape.

LoboUK posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 7:52 AM

As far as I know, you'd have to reshape the original OBJ file and then create a conforming garment using the new OBJ file as the basis. I don't think there's an easier way Paul

Idol posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 8:31 AM

Ok! I think you right loboUK. I will try that right now! thanks!

ookami posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 8:50 AM

If you get this working, I'd be very interested in your work! Being a big fantasy buff, I would jump at the chance to thrown in a few hobbits! =)

Cage posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 8:08 PM

Would it work to open the altered figure, select the clothing you want from the library, and replace the current figure with the "retain modified geometries" (or whatever it is...) selected?

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Nance posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 8:50 PM

Cage, other than scale, translation & rotation, "retain modified geometries" only works to the extent that they already share the same morph targets.

Cage posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 8:54 PM

I imported the "wooden artist's dummy" figure with the abovementioned option checked, and it entered Poser with a FACE. (Scared the heck out of me.) I asked the above because I thought a similar process was mentioned in an old string around here.... Might have been a month or two ago. Maybe I dreamed it all....

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Cage posted Mon, 24 January 2000 at 9:16 PM

Oh, I see what was happening. It actually kept the head from the figure I was replacing. Man, am I disappointed. This is the string I was thinking of. I guess it is for a very specific instance, and uses P2. Rats. http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.sess_id=517886&Form.sess_key=948769652&Form.ShowMessage=29204

Idol posted Tue, 25 January 2000 at 2:28 AM

Now, when I make all reshaping at the jeans-cloth and conform it to my little hobbit-character it's works ok. But I have to turn the IK of (at least for the jeans...). The same way don't work for any cloths for the upper body. /Marcus

Rorschach posted Wed, 26 January 2000 at 6:00 PM

What if, instead of replacing the original clothing mesh with the "hobbit" one, you use the "H" mesh as a morph target for the original clothing? Maybe that will be easier (besides retaining the original texture template). Or maybe not, just an idea.