Forum: Vue

Subject: Looking at the sun...

Metropa opened this issue on Jan 25, 2000 ยท 7 posts

Metropa posted Tue, 25 January 2000 at 6:58 PM

Vue 3's vegetation, motion blur, and camera focus effects are awesome, BUT the sun could look far better when it's in the camera's view. Am I blind, or is that opaque disc on Vue's horizon suppose to be our nearest star? Terragen's sun looks the best yet... Anyhow... aside from using a LenseFlare plug-in within Photoshop, does anyone have some helpful advice? -Metropa

bloodsong posted Tue, 25 January 2000 at 7:56 PM

heya; the sun uses the sun colour swatch, so if you load a gradient, it won't be so flat. like yellow to white or something. but you're right... ick! it could use some improvement.

headhunter posted Wed, 26 January 2000 at 8:32 PM

I had the same complaint. I've tried the gradient thing (yellow to white) and it helps a little. I would definately like to see a tut' on making it look brighter and more... well... "sunny". BTW: where can I find out more about this Terragen prog.?

Metropa posted Wed, 26 January 2000 at 9:46 PM

Terragen (it's beta) www.planetside.co.uk

bloodsong posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 5:11 PM

heyas; it might also help to make the sun invisible, but put a fuzzy glowing sphere where it is supposed to appear?

headhunter posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 7:43 PM

Bloodsong, I tried your suggestion but my attempts all keep looking like a glowing yellow ball suspended in the sky! I haven't messed with the fuzzy transparency much so I don't really know what I'm doing with it yet. It does acquire a glowing corona, but the middle still resembles an egg yolk!

Metropa posted Thu, 27 January 2000 at 8:41 PM

Check out the free Vue download section for a Sun posted recently by Silverbranch.