Forum: Poser Python Scripting

Subject: Saving Render Window to File

Jiia opened this issue on Apr 15, 2002 ยท 5 posts

Jiia posted Mon, 15 April 2002 at 3:00 PM

I'm trying to make a tedious task less tedious while rendering characters for a video game. What I do is place a character in the scene, set the Aux camera to the correct view, and load in the animations for the character. After this is all set up, I have to render each frame in the animation, rotate the figure Body by -45, then repeat until I go through all 8 directions. I've tried like hell to write this in python, but I'm having trouble. When I use the scene.SaveImage() method, it saves the scene view, and not the window that popped up to be rendered. Is there a way to save the rendered window instead? Also, is it possible to close that window after each save? Thanks for any help, I will really appreciate it. Jiia

markdc posted Tue, 16 April 2002 at 6:29 PM

No to both questions. Just render to the main window and save from there.

diegos posted Wed, 24 April 2002 at 2:56 PM

Markdc, do you know how to setup the main windows to a higher resolution? because if I render to the main window the max res I can set up is 1000x700 px.

markdc posted Wed, 24 April 2002 at 5:24 PM

Unfortunately you are limited to the max resolution of the main window. I've complained to CL about this. Maybe they'll fix this in Poser5.

diegos posted Wed, 24 April 2002 at 5:43 PM

One more thing to wait for P5! Many thanks.