Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: It really sucks when people try and take credit for your hard work

communion opened this issue on Jan 26, 2000 ยท 7 posts

communion posted Wed, 26 January 2000 at 8:40 PM

Attached Link: A real Poser...

This is just a note to let everyone know how much it sucks to be browsing the gallery in this forum, and find an image rendered with one of your characters offered for download, only to find the person claiming that character as their own, and offering up the texuremap as if it were his own work. This really pisses me off! I mean, though the character (Ultimate Darth Maul in this case,) was made from many different props that were all brought together in a single character file, all credits to people who contributed are CLEARLY listed in the readme file both in the zip, and on my download page. Obviously, I can't complain really at all, because he is George Lucas's original character of course, that still doesn't make it any easier when I think of all the hours I spent trying to accurately map his facial tattoos, etc. Now Cadash, as he calls himself seems to think this is suddenly his own work, and not only doesn't credit me in the post, but insinuates that it is his 'original' work. And offers the texture map "available on request." Maybe I am overreacting, and I really don't want to start a lynch mob here, but come on... Here is cadash's post: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=4047&Start=397&Sectionid=0&WhatsNew=Yes co(V)(V)union