Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Looking for maps for DAZ Water Elemental

Mason opened this issue on Apr 22, 2002 ยท 16 posts

Mason posted Mon, 22 April 2002 at 1:27 PM

Has anyone done any maps for this figure?

lalverson posted Mon, 22 April 2002 at 1:46 PM

wel, then you you never made maps, and i never made maps, I think a guy in perth bought it as well, and he doesn't have any paint application. well that covers all three of us that bought it.... Seriously, I haven't ever seen any additional maps made, nor have i ever made any.. i guess it's now up to you...

cyber-organic posted Mon, 22 April 2002 at 1:48 PM

LOL...

desler posted Mon, 22 April 2002 at 1:55 PM

Poor water elemental, no respect. The water elemental is easily the equivilant of Michael and Vicki! :D

tonymouse posted Mon, 22 April 2002 at 2:12 PM

Texture? whats to do, All I think you would need is a good ripply shot of water and load it into a photo program, grey scale the image lighten it and turn it negative, or not. Try both. Apply the first image as a texture map and apply the 2nd as trans map turn up the transperence min and max(experement) in the manager window and that should be fine. Water is blury enough you should not need to worry about seams too much since it will largly be a transperent figure?? I don't have the water elemental but I have done similar things on others. I can't imagine it not working. I'mm at work so I cant show you, if you look at my gallary I did the same to the water in the tub in "you wanna hear a story" and the water the lady is standing in, in "Tropical" that is on a flat plane though, I have done it to figures too though. Let me know if that helps or if you already tried that, let me know that it didn't work. It might be cool to use a underwater shot with fish in it too. Tony

Ghostofmacbeth posted Mon, 22 April 2002 at 2:16 PM

Have actually seen a few maps out for it but think they were at the defunct PFO frestuff. They may have been by Monkeyboy. He did a cool clayface from the elemental.

Axe_Gaijin posted Mon, 22 April 2002 at 2:22 PM

Mhhh.... I think the Elemental would actually make a good Golem kind of creature :) I'm a bit busy right now... but I might make a Earth/Stone/Mud/Cliff?wahtever texture for the ele at one time... Axe.

a_super_hero posted Mon, 22 April 2002 at 2:34 PM

What sort of maps are you trying to make for it? To me it always has some potientail but just got pushed to the side to work on other things. Super

Mason posted Mon, 22 April 2002 at 3:47 PM

Well I wanted to make him into a sort of swamp thing type creature with goo and stuff hanging off him. I'll probably have to do this myself. Yes lalverson, I and that guy in perth are the only ones who bought it. :) I think I'm the only one who bought the octopus too.

lalverson posted Mon, 22 April 2002 at 5:00 PM

oh..I bought it as well.. i like mine. i use and oily looking texture..

a_super_hero posted Mon, 22 April 2002 at 5:20 PM

I bought it also, thinking I could use it similar to conforming clothes and as a force field around a character, but that failed. When I tried to match it up.

Lyrra posted Mon, 22 April 2002 at 7:55 PM

Well I'll give it a whirl (even though I don't own the thing). What are people looking for? clean water, polluted water, swamp, frozen ... :) Hmm - I might do a fire, lava and stone map too (now that I've looked at the model). Lyrra

Marque posted Mon, 22 April 2002 at 11:23 PM

I also bought it and I love it. Did a render of it holding the rag doll that came out at about the same time. Marque

hauksdottir posted Tue, 23 April 2002 at 1:33 AM

Coming soon to your local theatre... the saga of a well-loved stuffed doll who abandons everything to find her forsaken water elemental friends. "From Rags to Wretches" will tear at your heartstrings like no other tale of loyalty and perseverance in the face of social ostracism.

Marque posted Tue, 23 April 2002 at 7:44 AM

LOL. Film at 11

hauksdottir posted Tue, 23 April 2002 at 4:46 PM

Well, you're the one who owns both models! ;^)