Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: An old, interesting thread

whoopdat opened this issue on Apr 28, 2002 ยท 2 posts

whoopdat posted Sun, 28 April 2002 at 3:02 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=92228

While searching for something completely unrelated (which, as it turns out, I saved in a file somewhere. Sigh.), I stumbled onto this thread. I thought it was an interesting read and shows how the community has changed in the last two years.

For those wondering, here is the topic of it:
"Victoria, a waste of time? A poll."

I almost see a similar thing happening with Stephanie, and wonder if perhaps she will "blossom" into something along the lines of Vicki, that being a requirement for anyone wanting realism in their renders. I wasn't around two years ago to see Vicki "grow up" but I am around now (even if I'm lurking in the shadows for weeks at a time).

melanie posted Sun, 28 April 2002 at 10:17 AM

Oh, gosh, that dredges up old memories. :) I remember all the hatred expressed about Vicki when she first appeared on the scene. I saw thread after thread filled with insults for her. Funny how things change. After a while, everyone was just entranced with her. I thought I was the only one on Earth who didn't think Vicki was ugly. They complained about her "football shoulders," her "masculine face," just about everything. Now, she's pretty much everyone's favorite. I think Stephanie is a great new addition to the Poser Family, and I, for one, am really excited that new figures are coming along. I hope that a second Mike-style male figure can be added, too, just to give some variety in our people. Melanie