Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Check the links within your poser files--freebee program

brycetech opened this issue on May 25, 2002 ยท 23 posts

brycetech posted Sat, 25 May 2002 at 9:11 PM

Hi all http://www.brycetech.com/stufftodelete/package.zip (2.6 mb) got a freebee for you this is called 'Link Checker' it is part of the program I have written that reduces the amount of work of creating distributable poser files while ensuring that all files called for are indeed included. it monitors obj, pz2, pp2 and cr2 files for things such as .bum .mtl textures embedded geometry absolute links link verification rotational dial names and more all easily set up by you so that you can not only check files you intend to distribute, you can also check files that you download and fix them before you install them in your poser directory. And if you leave the default editor as 'wordpad', link checker can also help you edit the files by automatically opening them and filling in the find and replace boxes for you. "Link Checker" NEVER alters a file. You must do that on your own in another program. Like I said, I use this program when making my characters. This is just one small part of it, but since there seems to be such a fuss over free files missing thing, I spent part of today stripping this out of my main program so that I could give it away. It may not be redistributed..and it currently is limited to work only until jan 1, 2003. By that time, I'm sure there will be an update or two to accomidate the poser commmunity and make it easier for everyone to use. sorry mac folks, this is windows only. It *should* work on all windows versions..(except 95). It is written in visual basic 6 sp5 and includes the necessary runtime files. If there are problems, please let me know and I'll post an update. later BT