Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Posing headache. Help!

Greebo opened this issue on May 26, 2002 ยท 9 posts

Greebo posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 6:44 AM

I'm relatively new to poser and am trying to create this pose, or at least something approximating it. I've fiddled, I've twiddled, (with the dials. *g*), but when it gets right down to it I've really no idea where to start. I've even trawled through all my poses looking for a bit here and a bit there, but to no avail. If one of you wonderful people could give me a hand I'd be in 7th heaven. Oh, I'm using Vicky 2 and she's wearing Sharkeys Dominatrix outfit. Catsuit, not the coat.

FyreSpiryt posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 7:12 AM

OK, keeping in mind that I just woke up, let's see what I can come up with. Often it helps to start at the hip and work your way out. Also, try getting in that pose yourself and noting how you have to move to do it. It'll give you a better idea of what you need to do to get your character in it.

hauksdottir posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 7:53 AM

FyreSpiryt is right. Start with the hip. You'll need to have it cocked forward and tilted. Don't worry if other pieces of your figure move, because you will be working out along each limb after you get the trunk right. It looks like her left hipbone is higher, but the shoulders are about even. After the hip, I'd work up and do the abdomen, bending it slightly back, and then the chest, bending back again, but not as much. The upper part of her body may be twisted a bit, too. Anyway, get the trunk into a sinuous curve, and then do the legs, working down each one until her feet are firmly planted, and her apparent weight is where you want it. The arms should be easy, but you'll be glad for the hand cameras when you try to keep the mesh of her fingers from interlocking. I'd do the head last, because its angles will depend upon the body's final orientation in 3-space. Position the head, and then set the eye position. (The "point at" command is helpful, but you may want to tweak it to get the intense stare.) Schlabber is the king of poses... if you get into trouble, he should be able to extricate you. I don't know if he has his posing tutorial at his new site, but it is very good. Carolly

Greebo posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 8:05 AM

Thanks for the help. I shall try out your suggestions.

Greebo posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 8:46 AM

Ugh. Still having problems. sighs Would someone be willing to walk me through it over icq?

Crescent posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 11:32 AM

Here's a quick and dirty that will get you in the ballpark: Rotate the entire body 90 degrees. (Y rotate -90.) Select the hip and Y rotate that about 45 degrees. Select the right foot and ZTrans it back. Select the left foot and ZTrans it forward. The right foot may end up on tip-toes. If you don't want that, use the YTrans and ZTrans to shift the hip so it is more centered over both feet. (If you're trying to duplicate the shot above, the feet can't be seen anyway. No need to work on something that can't be seen and won't affect what can be seen.) Select the chest and twist it away from the camera and use Bend to arch the back slightly. The shoulders need to be bent and twisted to meet in the middle of the chest. You may need to adjust the Front-Back setting as well. The forearms need to be bent, with a touch of twist and perhaps a bit of Side-Side as well. The lower neck and neck need to be twisted with a slight bend. The head is also twisted and bent. You'll need to tweak and adjust accordingly, but this should get you most of the way there.

TheDaedalus posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 3:06 PM

I can't really offer you any more help than these guys above me, but I spent about 25 minutes trying to see if I could do this myself and the above is what I came up with.

It needs work, and I took a few artistic licenses with her clothing, where she is looking, etc. ;) I think mainly her hands just aren't right. All in all, though, I think it's OK. I'm sure you could come up with a lot better!

Good luck!

Aaron

Strangechilde posted Sun, 26 May 2002 at 7:38 PM

I always do sketches (on paper) for complex or tricky poses. One of the things Ifind to be most helpful is the comparing of the angles of the various body parts. Think of each part as a block, and draw a line to show its angle. The sketch I've included doesn't show rotations, because my notation is not that sophisticated, but maybe it might help a tiny bit, I hope?

Greebo posted Mon, 27 May 2002 at 7:25 AM

Thanks so much. I'm getting there but it's slow work. l As soon as I've got it to my satisfaction I shall post what I came up with. Again, thanks all.